Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland WR " Josh Gordon " to be suspended for the entire season!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

While I hope for his sake Josh Gordon gets his life turned around, I disagree with the author that the Browns "owe" it to him to "help him get his life together." If they choose to try to help him, good for them (hopefully he will accept help), but I don't see why they should be obligated to do so.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    While I hope for his sake Josh Gordon gets his life turned around, I disagree with the author that the Browns "owe" it to him to "help him get his life together." If they choose to try to help him, good for them (hopefully he will accept help), but I don't see why they should be obligated to do so.
    If it is within one's power to help a fellow human being, isn't one obligated, in one way or another, to do so?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If it is within one's power to help a fellow human being, isn't one obligated, in one way or another, to do so?
    not really...

but since he can help them prosper it makes sense to help him out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Obligated by whom?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Obligated by whom?
    By a sense of decency and humanity?

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe the Browns have already paid Mr. Gordon in excess of $2 million, with the potential to earn more than $5 million over the course of his contract. Seems to me they've provided him with plenty of money to seek whatever counseling or treatment he may need. Should they desire to do more, good for them. But as a business, no, I don't believe they "owe" him anything more...especially if he's not abiding by the agreement he made when he signed with them.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Fair enough. But, as his former teammate pointed out, it's no longer about football...

Clearly, the kid needs help...if the Browns franchise chooses to do something, good on them...

If not, who knows what could happen?

Starter

User Info Menu

Fair enough. But, as his former teammate pointed out, it's no longer about football...

Clearly, the kid needs help...if the Browns franchise chooses to do something, good on them...

If not, who knows what could happen?
    why do ppl call grown MEN kids?? i'll never get that.. u act like he is a 15 year old.. some grown men do stupid things.. some ppl are just LOSERS.. this guy is SPOILED.. he has a family.. let them fix his messes.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    why do ppl call grown MEN kids?? i'll never get that.. u act like he is a 15 year old.. some grown men do stupid things.. some ppl are just LOSERS.. this guy is SPOILED.. he has a family.. let them fix his messes.
    I only refer to people who act like men as "men"...

Of course, that's just me...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fine posts on this thread, Slapstick. Not intended to disrespect other opinions, just appreciate your perspective and the values represented.