Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland WR " Josh Gordon " to be suspended for the entire season!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I think irsays situation will factor more than rice

A lot of players are watching how Fidel is going to handle an owner. Hammering Gordon and slapping irsay on the wrist won't go over well. I bet both get off light
    I agree with TTT on this one. The league has gotten some serious backlash over Rice's suspension. Course, Gordon was dumb enough to get arrested again, so it probably doesn't matter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gordon will get off light with less than a year long suspension
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Gordon will get off light with less than a year long suspension
    I don't know. He might. He shouldn't. It depends on how much weight they put on his being arrested after the one year suspension was handed down.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think irsays situation will factor more than rice

A lot of players are watching how Fidel is going to handle an owner. Hammering Gordon and slapping irsay on the wrist won't go over well. I bet both get off light
    In what universe should irsay and josh gordon be held to the same standard?

I dare anyone who believes this to go up to the owner of the company they work and assert the same rules should apply to both of them. See how that goes.

What a billionaire team owner does on his own time is really no concern to us imo. At least it can be said athletes are supposed to be role models and good influences, which was never said about an owner of an NFL team....most of whom people dont even know their names

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

dont be naive, the nfl isnt like other businesses. if you dont believe the players are watching what goodell is going to do irsay, just keep your head in the sand.

you could make the case that owners should be held to even higher standards than the players

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Theres just no way that should be the case, nor will it be the case. Owners have been fined before, but all for NFL related incidents and these are ones I agree with....criticizing officials, violating a gag order, flipping off a fan, and a little more indirectly docking cap from violating the "unwritten" uncapped year agreement (which is kind of bs imo).

There is NO WAY owners are or should be held to the same standards as players for peronsal conduct outside of football

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    In what universe should irsay and josh gordon be held to the same standard?

I dare anyone who believes this to go up to the owner of the company they work and assert the same rules should apply to both of them. See how that goes.

What a billionaire team owner does on his own time is really no concern to us imo. At least it can be said athletes are supposed to be role models and good influences, which was never said about an owner of an NFL team....most of whom people dont even know their names
    It is kind of a joke, but here is where there is some food for thought. If players actions are punished because they are "detrimental to the league" then wouldn't owners actions have the potential for the same? I mean, if players can give the league a bad image, then owners can to. If you are going to punish players for bad PR, then why shouldn't owners fall under the same guidelines?

Also, as to the "What Irsay does in his own time is his biz?" He was ARRESTED for possession of illegal drugs. If it should be anyone's biz, why is it our business if a player gets arrested for the same? Double standards. Once someone is arrested, it becomes everyone's biz. And, in case you'all didn't know, pain killer drugs are far more dangerous and harmful than weed EVER will be. Also, it turns out Gordon had passed 70 drug tests and the one that failed barely was even over the limit, and the send test of the same urine sample was UNDER the limit to get busted. So, was he even actually a legit positive? IDK if he actually was. The whole thing about weed is retarded; as more states make it legal, I hope the NFL just stops bothering with even testing for it at all. Big Pharma is THE only reason it's even illegal to begin with.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

agree to disagree then

people in leadership positions sbould be held even more accountable, imo.

i cant believe anyone can think jim irsay can ride around indianapolis loaded on powerful painkillers and get no discipline while players get popped for wearing the wrong shoes in the sideline

you cannot have that kind of double standard

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Theres just no way that should be the case, nor will it be the case. Owners have been fined before, but all for NFL related incidents and these are ones I agree with....criticizing officials, violating a gag order, flipping off a fan, and a little more indirectly docking cap from violating the "unwritten" uncapped year agreement (which is kind of bs imo).

There is NO WAY owners are or should be held to the same standards as players for peronsal conduct outside of football
    yep... it doesn't even make sense to argue this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

you cannot have that kind of double standard
    yes.we.can... lol.

what are fans and players going to do? Boycott until Irsay gets harsh treatment?

90% of the fans don't give a dump about Irsay's arrest because it doesn't really impact the game. Now, if he had a Mel Gibson/Sterling rant to go along with his arrest we would tune in.