Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 183

Thread: Cleveland WR " Josh Gordon " to be suspended for the entire season!!!

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,569
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Blame the lack of a father figure, bad friends, poor upbringing, young money, whatever it might have been, but it is tough to see these young kids make these very bad decisions.
    Hope he can straighten his life out and maybe make something out of his talent.

    No...just blame Josh Gordon. He has been put in the position of living a life many can only dream about simply because he is physically blessed and he is blowing it all by himself.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #22
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    23,516
    The moron didn't even wait to get the huge contract with the massive signing bonus to fall back on. He's only be getting rookie 2nd round pick money. I imagine he cannot afford to go year without pay at this stage. I would say that he should start looking for a real job like the rest of us, but would any other employers who don't care about his size/speed ratio and whatnot hire this guy since they already know about his baggage?


    Final Ruthless Mock:
    1.22 CB Marcus Peters, 6'0" 197 lbs., Washington
    2.56 FS Damarious Randall, 5'11" 196 lbs., Arizona State
    3.87 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251 lbs., Miami
    4.121 DE Henry Anderson, 6'6" 294 lbs., Stanford
    5.160 WR Titus Davis, 6'1" 196 lbs., Central Michigan
    6.199 OLB Kyle Emanuel, 6'3" 255 lbs., North Dakota State
    6.212c OLB Max Valles, 6'5" 251 lbs., Virginia
    7.239 RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217 lbs., North Dakota State

  3. #23
    It really is a shame to see this guy wasting his talent and throwing his life away. For his sake, hopefully he turns things around before he hits the Chris Henry level.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,876
    Nothing says privledged like being a second round supplemental draft pick after never playing a down at utah because of a drug suspension after being suspended for drugs at baylor....lol ball hard

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The moron didn't even wait to get the huge contract with the massive signing bonus to fall back on. He's only be getting rookie 2nd round pick money. I imagine he cannot afford to go year without pay at this stage. I would say that he should start looking for a real job like the rest of us, but would any other employers who don't care about his size/speed ratio and whatnot hire this guy since they already know about his baggage?
    You and I can easily connect these dots.

    What is it in these guy's personalities that prevent them from seeing this bigger picture?

    btw, it is not only athletes, it is movie stars, tv personalities, church leaders... etc.

  6. #26
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,785
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You and I can easily connect these dots.

    What is it in these guy's personalities that prevent them from seeing this bigger picture?

    btw, it is not only athletes, it is movie stars, tv personalities, church leaders... etc.
    More time and money than the average person is my best suggestion. While everyone else is graduating, getting a job and beginning a career and working a 9-5 type job, these guys all of sudden have time and more money than they have ever known. Most football players won't be accused of being Rhodes Scholars, so it probably doesn't take much for them to stray. In many instances their upbringing and family life isn't great and they have received little or no direction as a child, teenager and young adult.

    Plus, many have been coddled and made to believe their importance in life greater than most because they can play a sport that generates a lot of revenue for High Schools, Colleges and Universities and professional teams. They are given things and saved from problems by those that have a vested interest in their ability to play football, coaches, administrators, "fan"atics (including local police officers, alumni, etc) and this sense of entitlement only emboldens many to do things that others would not even contemplate.

    Just my two cents on why Josh Gordon can't put the pieces together. I have no idea about his family life or childhood, this could be a case of he's just that stupid or it could be some of the above.

    Pappy


    1.22) Alvin "Bud" Dupree, OLB/DE, Kentucky
    2.56) Senquez Golson, CB/S, Ole Miss
    3.87) Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
    4.121) Doran Grant, CB, OSU
    5.160) Jesse James, TE, PSU
    6.199) Letterius Walton, DT, Central Michigan
    6.212) Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami
    7.239) Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville


    Iím gonna protect him from himself (James Harrison). He and Will Allen are too old to be working right now. - Mike Tomlin

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    More time and money than the average person is my best suggestion. While everyone else is graduating, getting a job and beginning a career and working a 9-5 type job, these guys all of sudden have time and more money than they have ever known. Most football players won't be accused of being Rhodes Scholars, so it probably doesn't take much for them to stray. In many instances their upbringing and family life isn't great and they have received little or no direction as a child, teenager and young adult.

    Plus, many have been coddled and made to believe their importance in life greater than most because they can play a sport that generates a lot of revenue for High Schools, Colleges and Universities and professional teams. They are given things and saved from problems by those that have a vested interest in their ability to play football, coaches, administrators, "fan"atics (including local police officers, alumni, etc) and this sense of entitlement only emboldens many to do things that others would not even contemplate.

    Just my two cents on why Josh Gordon can't put the pieces together. I have no idea about his family life or childhood, this could be a case of he's just that stupid or it could be some of the above.

    Pappy
    being saved from problems is the biggest problem of all...

    a lot of regular people get DUI's too so it really isn't surprising to spoiled athletes get them.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You and I can easily connect these dots.

    What is it in these guy's personalities that prevent them from seeing this bigger picture?

    btw, it is not only athletes, it is movie stars, tv personalities, church leaders... etc.
    Low IQ...just a dumb guy

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    More time and money than the average person is my best suggestion. While everyone else is graduating, getting a job and beginning a career and working a 9-5 type job, these guys all of sudden have time and more money than they have ever known. Most football players won't be accused of being Rhodes Scholars, so it probably doesn't take much for them to stray. In many instances their upbringing and family life isn't great and they have received little or no direction as a child, teenager and young adult.

    Plus, many have been coddled and made to believe their importance in life greater than most because they can play a sport that generates a lot of revenue for High Schools, Colleges and Universities and professional teams. They are given things and saved from problems by those that have a vested interest in their ability to play football, coaches, administrators, "fan"atics (including local police officers, alumni, etc) and this sense of entitlement only emboldens many to do things that others would not even contemplate.

    Just my two cents on why Josh Gordon can't put the pieces together. I have no idea about his family life or childhood, this could be a case of he's just that stupid or it could be some of the above.

    Pappy
    I saw him on First Take and he had a huge Steeler tat on his delt. I have no idea why. They asked him about it and he just seemed to mumble and I couldn't make out why he had a huge Steeler tat. If he had it put on after the Browns signed him.............IDK. I don't get it.

  10. #30
    It's no accident that the Browns seem to be attracted to these kinds of players and Manziel seems to be heading down that road as well. There is no stability in that organization which leads them to take chances on troubled talent which has led to a locker room with few quality guys to keep them in line. There is no substitute for building a franchise the right way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •