Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland WR " Josh Gordon " to be suspended for the entire season!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Blame the lack of a father figure, bad friends, poor upbringing, young money, whatever it might have been, but it is tough to see these young kids make these very bad decisions.
    Hope he can straighten his life out and maybe make something out of his talent.

No...just blame Josh Gordon. He has been put in the position of living a life many can only dream about simply because he is physically blessed and he is blowing it all by himself.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The moron didn't even wait to get the huge contract with the massive signing bonus to fall back on. He's only be getting rookie 2nd round pick money. I imagine he cannot afford to go year without pay at this stage. I would say that he should start looking for a real job like the rest of us, but would any other employers who don't care about his size/speed ratio and whatnot hire this guy since they already know about his baggage?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It really is a shame to see this guy wasting his talent and throwing his life away. For his sake, hopefully he turns things around before he hits the Chris Henry level.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nothing says privledged like being a second round supplemental draft pick after never playing a down at utah because of a drug suspension after being suspended for drugs at baylor....lol ball hard

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The moron didn't even wait to get the huge contract with the massive signing bonus to fall back on. He's only be getting rookie 2nd round pick money. I imagine he cannot afford to go year without pay at this stage. I would say that he should start looking for a real job like the rest of us, but would any other employers who don't care about his size/speed ratio and whatnot hire this guy since they already know about his baggage?
    You and I can easily connect these dots.

What is it in these guy's personalities that prevent them from seeing this bigger picture?

btw, it is not only athletes, it is movie stars, tv personalities, church leaders... etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is it in these guy's personalities that prevent them from seeing this bigger picture?

btw, it is not only athletes, it is movie stars, tv personalities, church leaders... etc.
    More time and money than the average person is my best suggestion. While everyone else is graduating, getting a job and beginning a career and working a 9-5 type job, these guys all of sudden have time and more money than they have ever known. Most football players won't be accused of being Rhodes Scholars, so it probably doesn't take much for them to stray. In many instances their upbringing and family life isn't great and they have received little or no direction as a child, teenager and young adult.

Plus, many have been coddled and made to believe their importance in life greater than most because they can play a sport that generates a lot of revenue for High Schools, Colleges and Universities and professional teams. They are given things and saved from problems by those that have a vested interest in their ability to play football, coaches, administrators, "fan"atics (including local police officers, alumni, etc) and this sense of entitlement only emboldens many to do things that others would not even contemplate.

Just my two cents on why Josh Gordon can't put the pieces together. I have no idea about his family life or childhood, this could be a case of he's just that stupid or it could be some of the above.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    More time and money than the average person is my best suggestion. While everyone else is graduating, getting a job and beginning a career and working a 9-5 type job, these guys all of sudden have time and more money than they have ever known. Most football players won't be accused of being Rhodes Scholars, so it probably doesn't take much for them to stray. In many instances their upbringing and family life isn't great and they have received little or no direction as a child, teenager and young adult.

Plus, many have been coddled and made to believe their importance in life greater than most because they can play a sport that generates a lot of revenue for High Schools, Colleges and Universities and professional teams. They are given things and saved from problems by those that have a vested interest in their ability to play football, coaches, administrators, "fan"atics (including local police officers, alumni, etc) and this sense of entitlement only emboldens many to do things that others would not even contemplate.

Just my two cents on why Josh Gordon can't put the pieces together. I have no idea about his family life or childhood, this could be a case of he's just that stupid or it could be some of the above.

Pappy
    being saved from problems is the biggest problem of all...

a lot of regular people get DUI's too so it really isn't surprising to spoiled athletes get them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Low IQ...just a dumb guy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    I saw him on First Take and he had a huge Steeler tat on his delt. I have no idea why. They asked him about it and he just seemed to mumble and I couldn't make out why he had a huge Steeler tat. If he had it put on after the Browns signed him.............IDK. I don't get it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It's no accident that the Browns seem to be attracted to these kinds of players and Manziel seems to be heading down that road as well. There is no stability in that organization which leads them to take chances on troubled talent which has led to a locker room with few quality guys to keep them in line. There is no substitute for building a franchise the right way.