Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: first report from new york!

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Molon labe

Molon labe

Cool beans! I am loving the inside take on things.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Awesome. I like the pics of the AFC North crew...one civil and one about to break into an Anchorman style brawl.

Very cool. Happy for you that you had this experience, and thanks for sharing it with us.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Awesome. I like the pics of the AFC North crew...one civil and one about to break into an Anchorman style brawl.
    I proposed a 48 hour truce - but of course we had to take a pic showing our 'true' feelings!

Truth be told, everyone was extremely nice and thrilled to be there for their teams. One of the funnier moments was thursday morning during rehearsal. the eagles fan was in his 80's. he actually told me he attended a Steagles game. crazy. anyway, something fell from the ceiling of radio city and hit him in the forehead. he wasn't seriously hurt - but he did cry out and I turned around to see what happened and his forehead had been cut open and was bleeding. I told him, holy $hit man - you're bleeding. He touched his head, saw the blood and said 'F it - this is just like a typical game at the vet'.........

I usually follow the draft with a passing interest - because I don't really have the time to invest researching players that likely won't be picked - so this was my one and only trip to NY for the event. Having said that, it was really nothing but a great big party. And there was shockingly little rivalry between fans that I observed. Maybe it's because the season hasn't started and every team and it's fans have nothing but hope and optimism that THIS is the draft that will bring them a SB. But everyone cheered when great players were picked - no matter who picked them. It was funny watching the reaction when Cleveland traded down and then DIDN'T take manziel - only to be followed by the reaction when dallas passed on him and then cleveland traded back up to take him later in the first.

As I said previously, Goodell was really personable. Actually, everyone from the NFL was exceedingly nice. Backstage waiting to bring out the jersey I talked to Ty Burrel from modern family and then Damashek (from NFL network) walked in. Well, he's a HUGE steelers fan and we chatted for about 10 minutes. just another yinzer who now has a gig on TV.

When I walked out to present the jersey - of course I was waving the towel. Got a huge reaction for that (both positive AND negative). Loved every minute. shook the commishs hand and chatted briefly about the selection. I was just so jazzed to be on the stage of radio city for the first round with the commish. Anyway he reached for my hand again - i thought it was to shake, but he was actually reaching for the jersey. He laughed and said, hey man - i need the shirt. I told him I had fantasized my whole life about being on the stage as a draftee and could I please please keep the jersey?? He laughed, asked where my wife was and turned so we could pose for pics. I'll send a copy of that one to fordfixer so he can upload it for me.

Molon labe

Molon labe