Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ? for those 'loving' the shazier pick

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    you're spending the 15 overall pick in the draft on Shazier. a draft said to be much better then the previous year.

he better God damn be able to play like the 58th pick from the 2013 draft
    No sh-t, dude. I agree. He better AT LEAST be as good as the 58th pick, but he SHOULD be BETTER than the 58th pick, by a lot.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    LOL - I've seen too many "bustamalu" complaints... Seems like when the masses are happy about early picks (Mendenhall, Sweed) it's the wrong pick. And when they are ticked, it usually turns out well. That alone encourages me.

Having said that, I want BOTH ILBs to be good run stoppers with respectable speed (4.7 or better). Bowman and Willis come to mind.

Still, I agree that as a rook, Shazier will likely spend the bulk of this season in sub-packages while VW plays early downs alongside Timmons. Meanwhile, he better get to SQUATTING cuz he need some additional weight in the arse.

Side note: Dallas was said to have been on the phone with his Agent when the pick was announced. Those who think the pick was too early for him, likely have it wrong. Just sayin
    By the way, I supported the Timmons pick and defended him all the way through and I was right in doing so. Although some refuse to admit it, Timmons is a fine player and worthy of his draft slot. So, in other words, I am not some general naysayer who claims every decision they make is wrong. But I will call a spade a spade, when, in fact, I feel they have screwed the pooch.

I, too, am hoping for great things out of Shazier....the more I find out about him, the more I like him.

But I'm concerned about his durablity/size at ILB...Yes, he may weigh in at around 240, but when I watch video of him, he sure doesn't LOOK that big...looks more like an NFL safety than a LB (size-wise).

Pro Bowler
    still waiting
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I, too, am hoping for great things out of Shazier....the more I find out about him, the more I like him.

But I'm concerned about his durablity/size at ILB...Yes, he may weigh in at around 240, but when I watch video of him, he sure doesn't LOOK that big...looks more like an NFL safety than a LB (size-wise).
    I totally agree. He really does look like an NFL safety. If OGs get to him (which the plan is for that NOT to happen) he won't have a prayer getting away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I totally agree. He really does look like an NFL safety. If OGs get to him (which the plan is for that NOT to happen) he won't have a prayer getting away from them.
    Agreed... Tomlin may like these "run and hit" linebackers but if they don't get better play out of the NT position, the only running and hitting going on will be OGs running towards our ILBs and hitting them into the ground.

By the way, I supported the Timmons pick and defended him all the way through and I was right in doing so. Although some refuse to admit it, Timmons is a fine player and worthy of his draft slot. So, in other words, I am not some general naysayer who claims every decision they make is wrong. But I will call a spade a spade, when, in fact, I feel they have screwed the pooch.
    That wasn't specifict to any one person... i'm just talking "the masses"... when the majority of the people on the message board mocked the guy based on what we hear from Kiper and Mayock, we're probably wrong. Guys like Matt Jones come to mind (no, I didn't want him). Or people who wanted Chad Jackson over Santonio Holmes (I reserved judgement there).

Like you, I supported Timmons... I was happier that they selected Woodley. I, too, call a spade a spade... but, when I can actually SEE it.

I never, not once watched this kid play. I did watch Ohio State, but, wasn't looking for him. So, it would be silly to speak on something I don't know about.

90% of the people complaining are in the same boat (except, they're complaining anyway). Of the 10% who did watch looking specifically at him, 90% of them have no eye for NFL talent... not the kind I want drafting MY players. If you're in the remaining one percent who watched looking for him, know what you're watching and can adequately rate talent, that's impressive. But, even those guys miss - you can look at any NFL draft and realize that.

Again, I'm reserving judgement.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Regardless of what position he plays or if he's 235 or 240 lbs I just see an amazing player in those highlight films. WTH is everyone not seeing? I swear the internet has blinded folks in seeing what's reality. He looks pretty F'in good to. I want play makers, not story lines or BS. Let the kid learn and improve. I agree with Ruthless on this aspect. What more can you ask for? Jeez.

And who knows maybe he will move to SS like Carnell Lake did. He looks like a splash play maker in the mold of the new Seahawks D.

No sh-t, dude. I agree. He better AT LEAST be as good as the 58th pick, but he SHOULD be BETTER than the 58th pick, by a lot.

What is wrong with you guys. Who cares whether he was 15, 58 or 158!! All-Pro is All-Pro!!!
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    5) Jonathan Mincy-CB-Auburn
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Pro Bowler
    330 views and still not one person that loves and supports this selection can answer any of my questions.
    i wonder why?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis