Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ? for those 'loving' the shazier pick

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Watching him play, he sure doesn't look like 237. You really think this guy looks any where near 240? Does he resemble an NFL ILB? Face it, we have another project on our hands. Don't just draft someone who already fits the position; always draft players who need converted and transformed, because you guys are so super smart.

Doesn't look that much bigger than Ike to be honest.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Doesn't look that much bigger than Ike to be honest.
    He really doesn't. In reality, they aren't that far off. Ike is 195, RS might have played around 210. That's our new ILB, first round pick: a 210 lb ILB.

He really doesn't. In reality, they aren't that far off. Ike is 195, RS might have played around 210. That's our new ILB, first round pick: a 210 lb ILB.
    You guys are literally just making numbers up. Shawn "thinks" he played at 215. Sick Beats said he "might" have played at 210. This is like a bad game of telephone.

Here's what we know. He weighed in at 237 at the combine and set records there in the long jump and vertical jump. He also ran a 4.36. Oh and he had 143 tackles last year in the Big 10. That's who our 1st round pick is.

Pro Bowler
    Ok so who are you to say it will not work out well? Same as anyone who says it will work. You are freaking crazy if you think any of these prospects are a locks to succeed in the NFL. So much has to work out. I bet you figured A. Brown as a 6rd draft pick was just another 6th rd WR headed to the practice squad? Come on man. Quit the look at me I hate the Steelers 1st rd pick! WE GOT IT YESTERDAY! I just hope you are man enough to say how wrong you were when he plays well IF he does. DAMN!

If he's going to be an ILB, I wanted Mosely, but, I will reserve judgement on him until I see him play. My biggest issue is I wanted a thumper - someone who will plug the LOS and make a tackle at the LOS. I'd seen Mosely and knew he could. Reports say this isn't Shazier's specialty... but, he has room to improve.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    If he's going to be an ILB, I wanted Mosely, but, I will reserve judgement on him until I see him play. My biggest issue is I wanted a thumper - someone who will plug the LOS and make a tackle at the LOS. I'd seen Mosely and knew he could. Reports say this isn't Shazier's specialty... but, he has room to improve.
    Oh come on might as well whine like others here! But seriously can Timmons not do what you want from Mosely? Timmons looks bigger then 240'ish by my eyes. More of a thumper with speed I think. Lets move this discussion to how to use our MLB's to see if it does happen that way. I bet Shazier is a 3rd down guy or passing down guy for awhile like Timmons was with VW as still the run thumper. But we will see.

Lavonte David is 6'1" 233 and if Shazier plays like him we will have a 1st team ALL-PRO
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE-OSU
    5)
    Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Hall of Famer
    you're spending the 15 overall pick in the draft on Shazier. a draft said to be much better then the previous year.

he better God damn be able to play like the 58th pick from the 2013 draft

wow. For the last couple of years we have all been complaining about the lack of speed on defense. Team speed. We were all so high on Spence because of his "speed" but unfortunately the little fella suffered a tough leg injury.. now we get a guy who was probably just as if not more productive in college, who is faster and bigger than Spence yet this is somehow suppose to be bad?
    Our Defense is SLOW.. We need guys like this. Guys that can play 3 downs, who can cover and who can get after the QB..
    I like the Mosely kid but when I think of Ray Rice leaking out of the backfield I see Mosely looking more like Foot - but I can see this kid lighting his (bleep) up..

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Oh come on might as well whine like others here! But seriously can Timmons not do what you want from Mosely? Timmons looks bigger then 240'ish by my eyes. More of a thumper with speed I think. Lets move this discussion to how to use our MLB's to see if it does happen that way. I bet Shazier is a 3rd down guy or passing down guy for awhile like Timmons was with VW as still the run thumper. But we will see.
    LOL - I've seen too many "bustamalu" complaints... Seems like when the masses are happy about early picks (Mendenhall, Sweed) it's the wrong pick. And when they are ticked, it usually turns out well. That alone encourages me.

Having said that, I want BOTH ILBs to be good run stoppers with respectable speed (4.7 or better). Bowman and Willis come to mind.

Still, I agree that as a rook, Shazier will likely spend the bulk of this season in sub-packages while VW plays early downs alongside Timmons. Meanwhile, he better get to SQUATTING cuz he need some additional weight in the arse.

Side note: Dallas was said to have been on the phone with his Agent when the pick was announced. Those who think the pick was too early for him, likely have it wrong. Just sayin
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE