Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we just draft another player to play out of his postion?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did we just draft another player to play out of his postion?

Shazier played OLB but we are going to toss him inside?

@ 230?

Is Tomlin still trying to find another Brooks (fast but smallish ILB)? Is that the only thing he knows? I have a bad feeling about this move; we might be looking at a decade of crap drafting which equates to crap teams. I am sick. How long are we going to have to hear that Dick LeBoo doesn't like playing rookies and this guy has "so much to learn?" Welcome to the 80's.

WEAKNESSES: Lean frame and lacks elite bulk. Doesn't have the body type to get too much bigger. Needs to continue to get stronger to better shed at the point of attack. Too easily engulfed when attacking the line of scrimmage.

Sometimes content throwing his shoulder and not wrapping up. Overaggressive at times in coverage and needs patient and alert. Will lose track of his assignment in man.

Needs to stay disciplined and tidy up his timing to avoid late hits and unnecessary flags. Needs to keep his composure and keep his emotions in check. History of minor injuries that have caused him to miss playing time.

Compares To: Lavonte David, Buccaneers - While he's not quite as refined or tough as David, Shazier has a similar body type and movement skills to cover a large area and be a ultra-productive tackler at the next level.

Backup

User Info Menu

Actually Shazier played both Outside, and Inside LB for Ohio State.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess you didn't read all the quote you posted and conveniently left out this part

Compares To: Lavonte David, Buccaneers - While he's not quite as refined or tough as David, Shazier has a similar body type and movement skills to cover a large area and be a ultra-productive tackler at the next level.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Pretty much... just like when Tomlin fell in love with Timmons. He drafted him to play OLB but said he was ILB-capable. He sucked at OLB so if Tomlin evaluated him as an OLB then that was HORRIFIC scouting.

Well, I think we're all glad he was able to play ILB after 3 years worth of multi-million dollar on the job training.

Let's just hope that Shazier isn't another "athletic freak" from OSU. VERNON GHOLSTON ANYBODY?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I guess you didn't read all the quote you posted and conveniently left out this part
    Yippee. He compares to a guy that was drafted 58th last year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yippee. He compares to a guy that was drafted 58th last year.
    Yup! One who was FIRST TEAM ALL-PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Legend

User Info Menu

ahhh it's beyotch and moan time aka draft time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Yup! One who was FIRST TEAM ALL-PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    There you go SKL adding in facts and being rationale when blind emotional rage is being used. If Shazier becomes David we just hit a homerun.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Anyone playing in TBs defense should put up some good stats. Did you watch them play at all last year. Their defense was on the field for 75% of every game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Anyone playing in TBs defense should put up some good stats. Did you watch them play at all last year. Their defense was on the field for 75% of every game.
    Yeah. That's the criteria for giving out ALL-PRO selections....playing on terrible teams. WOW!!