Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Did we just draft another player to play out of his postion?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He tested off the charts.... as did Shazier..... got over drafted by the Jets.... and FLAMED OUT. He's currently a FA after already being on 3 different teams that didn't want him. A huge bust!

People critique Alabama LBs but Ohio State LBs haven't exactly been a staple of success.
    Ok since some posters here continue to whine before the guy even has a full season under his belt so I will continue beat my dead horse. He has the upside to be a Troy at ILB. Ok here is how I look at it after the shock of the pick has worn off. Do you take a ham and egger like most of you guys whine about in Mosley or do you gamble a little more then take the high upside guy to help transform a 8-8 defense? I am fine with the pick. It took balls I think because of the fan reaction that was going to happen. I was shocked. Taking LB 2 years in a row and having 2 1st rd picks at ILB is ballsy to be plain dumb! I really like that from the FO. But it is also a not to ballsy. Here is my thinking would anyone here have picked say Chad Brown at 15? Or even Farrior at 15 FOR THE STEELERS? I know Farrior was 8th in the first. Damn this board id FULL of whiny babies! Lets see how the rest of the draft goes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    When he made the announcement, I screamed out "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo" and the whole sports bar heard me. I never even considered this pick as a possibility. Oh, but the guy ran a fast 40, so that's all that matters.
    I said the same thing and I love me some Buckeyes. See posters like Dee Dub love 40 times, but ignore the lack of physicality ie Gilbert. I want to see a physical Steeler type of player. Shazier has much room to grow in that area. Not saying it can't happen or he won't be great. I'm saying as of right now he is a finesse player...and needs to add playing weight...not combine weight in order to mix it up with NFL linemen.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Ok since some posters here continue to whine before the guy even has a full season under his belt so I will continue beat my dead horse. He has the upside to be a Troy at ILB. Ok here is how I look at it after the shock of the pick has worn off. Do you take a ham and egger like most of you guys whine about in Mosley or do you gamble a little more then take the high upside guy to help transform a 8-8 defense? I am fine with the pick. It took balls I think because of the fan reaction that was going to happen. I was shocked. Taking LB 2 years in a row and having 2 1st rd picks at ILB is ballsy to be plain dumb! I really like that from the FO. But it is also a not to ballsy. Here is my thinking would anyone here have picked say Chad Brown at 15? Or even Farrior at 15 FOR THE STEELERS? I know Farrior was 8th in the first. Damn this board id FULL of whiny babies! Lets see how the rest of the draft goes.
    Can I ask why it's "whining" when you give a legit critique of a player? Seriously.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Can I ask why it's "whining" when you give a legit critique of a player? Seriously.
    I think it's because it's the same posters... they whine after wins, the whine after losses, they whine in the bye week.

Legend

User Info Menu

because 'real fans' never critique a move, they simply blindly support it.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Shazier played OLB but we are going to toss him inside?

@ 230?

Is Tomlin still trying to find another Brooks (fast but smallish ILB)? Is that the only thing he knows? I have a bad feeling about this move; we might be looking at a decade of crap drafting which equates to crap teams. I am sick. How long are we going to have to hear that Dick LeBoo doesn't like playing rookies and this guy has "so much to learn?" Welcome to the 80's.
    Farrior played at 218 his last few years here so whats your point? Hes almost 240....
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    because 'real fans' never critique a move, they simply blindly support it.
    Right.... u must blindly support your team at all times no matter what. After bad losses, after bad draft picks, after bad seasons (consecutive ones), after bad coaching, etc... otherwise your not a "true fan"

Don't you know that by now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Right.... u must blindly support your team at all times no matter what. After bad losses, after bad draft picks, after bad seasons (consecutive ones), after bad coaching, etc... otherwise your not a "true fan"

dont forget the classic, 'at least we are not the browns'.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm starting to understand.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm starting to understand.
    it's official... you've been adopted by the gruesome 2some.