Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What if Spence or Williams beat out Shazier?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Great if they beat him out because they've improved and not because Shazier is doing bad. It's always great when anyone steps up on the team. We just want to win SuperBowls.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Coach Optimistic About Spence

By Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Last year during the draft, Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler said it would be a miracle if injured Sean Spence ever played football again. He added he was rooting for him.

Today, Butler said that miracle may be in the making.

“It is getting really close to being miraculous. He looks real good to me.”

Spence, the team’s third-round draft pick in 2012, sustained a devastating knee injury in the final preseason game as a rookie. The most serious damage was to his peroneal nerve, which needed to regenerate. He spent his first season on injured reserve and last season on the physically unable to perform list.

“We will see how the knee holds up when he starts higgint and things like that,’’ Butler said. “Right now I’m real encouraged by the way he looks. He is such an exceptional young man and you hope that it works out for him and I think it will.’’

[URL]http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/05/10/Reaching-for-Needs/stories/201405100003[/URL]

Thanks for posting steel.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Coach Optimistic About Spence

By Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Last year during the draft, Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler said it would be a miracle if injured Sean Spence ever played football again. He added he was rooting for him.

Today, Butler said that miracle may be in the making.

“It is getting really close to being miraculous. He looks real good to me.”

Spence, the team’s third-round draft pick in 2012, sustained a devastating knee injury in the final preseason game as a rookie. The most serious damage was to his peroneal nerve, which needed to regenerate. He spent his first season on injured reserve and last season on the physically unable to perform list.

“We will see how the knee holds up when he starts higgint and things like that,’’ Butler said. “Right now I’m real encouraged by the way he looks. He is such an exceptional young man and you hope that it works out for him and I think it will.’’

[URL]http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/05/10/Reaching-for-Needs/stories/201405100003[/URL]

Many on the board have been pulling for this kid these past two years. Hope he comes all the way back. If he does, what a great dilemma to have in sorting through all this talent. The Shazier pick still would be good by me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It would be fantastic if Spence returns to what we all thought he could be. Then picture the Shark taking over for Troy and Shazier playing the Ryan Clark role. Talk about 2 safeties who can run and hit. Wow. That would make us very formidable up the middle.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!