Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Not only does Shazier crush Mosley athletically, bet you didn't know ....

Legend

User Info Menu

Not only does Shazier crush Mosley athletically, bet you didn't know ....

Shazier was FAR more productive.......and it ain't close

2013 Ohio State Buckeyes
    Ryan Shazier #10
    Junior LB
    6-2 230 Pompano Beach, FL
    through 01/06/2014

Tackles
    Solo Assisted Total
    102 42 144

Tackles For Loss
    G TFL TFL Yards
    14 23.5 83

[URL]http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/player/518/1040916/index.html[/URL]

2013 Alabama Crimson Tide
    C.J. Mosley #32
    Senior LB
    6-2 232 Theodore, AL

Tackles
    G Solo Assisted Total. Total/G
    13 62 46 108 8.31

Tackles For Loss
    G TFL TFL Yards
    13 9.0 19

[URL]http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/player/8/1030856/index.html[/URL]
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-09-2014 at 02:34 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea but Shazier was not on a national championship team and he went to the hated THE OSU.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

forge whatever stats you like to make your cape fly, the bottom line is the better player went to the ravens. pitts as usual picked the dud of the draft. its a disconconcertinging cirlcle. but one that has proven its worth. deal.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

only an Idaho idiot would summarize the difference, yes please continue mr potatoe skins. and tell us how the steelers picked the better of the two
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

You know, last time I checked it wasn't a crime to be optimistic toward the team you support. But given the way some posters are attacking others based on.... I don't even really know what... perceived inside knowledge of who will fail & succeed perhaps...I'm starting to rethink the innocence of belief..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You know, last time I checked it wasn't a crime to be optimistic toward the team you support. But given the way some posters are attacking others based on.... I don't even really know what... perceived inside knowledge of who will fail & succeed perhaps...I'm starting to rethink the innocence of belief..
    I agree, what is with all the self righteous pessimism. Its as if people want this to be a terrible pick so you can come back and be like," HAAAA told you he sucked, should have taken SH!THEAD over him."

I have been avoiding this board a lo lately because of all the poisonous negativity that always seems to be going on..... I will say that there are a handful of good posters that I respect....

Either way, I hope this guy ends up being a starter for years to come.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Since we play the Ravens twice a year it won't be too hard to tell who was the better draft pick. I figure in about 2 years we'll know if the Steelers made the right choice or not.

Starter

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/01/how_ohio_states_ryan_shazier_o.html[/URL]

Good article on Shazier's leadership ability. Not only a dynamic LB but he seems to be the vocal, take charge leader this D is missing.

Let's see... He's young, check. (21) He's productive, check. (144 tackles, 7 sacks last season) He's incredibly fast, check. (4.38-40) He's incredibly athletic, check. (Best vertical, best broad jump at combine) He's a leader, check. (See article above) He played in a big-time program, check.

Whats not to like again???

Sure he needs to get bigger, but like Timmons, he'll fill out as he gets older. I'm really excited to see him in the Black and Gold!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't follow college football much, so can't offer my own opinion of either one. Since the pick last night, I have seen media comments to the effect that Shazier has a high motor, no character issues, and, of course, is pretty damn fast. A couple of highlight clips confirm the latter. The one criticism is that he is a tad undersized. So I look at Mosley and see that he's one inch taller but five pounds lighter. I guess he's undersized too.

The fact that Mosley played on a better team, national champions, etc., doesn't tell me much. Maybe if he had played for SMU he'd have been a 6th-round pick.

I have been a member of several different boards over the years and they're all full of poisonous negativity. That goes for all three Pittsburgh teams. I stay optimistic. Too many other things too really be pessimistic about.

Edit: Now I see that the Captain has Shazier as 6' 2", same as Mosely. Other sources list Shazier as 6' 1".
    Last edited by RobinCole; 05-09-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Plus, Mosely has tremendous injury concerns about him. Shazier has zero injury history and is only 21.