Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Not only does Shazier crush Mosley athletically, bet you didn't know ....

Backup

User Info Menu

Outstanding post Captain

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Injury concerns being his surgical knees?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mosley has better instincts and is a better run defender (imo). Shazier hits some guys hard, but has been a drag down tackler for the most part and not an elite run stuffer. I think Mosley could be a starter instantly. Shazier may take more time. But, the ceiling is higher and the injury history is not nearly as extensive. To say Mosley is simply the better player is short-sighted imo.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

The more I learn about Shazier, the more I like him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Mosley has better instincts and is a better run defender (imo). Shazier hits some guys hard, but has been a drag down tackler for the most part and not an elite run stuffer. I think Mosley could be a starter instantly. Shazier may take more time. But, the ceiling is higher and the injury history is not nearly as extensive. To say Mosley is simply the better player is short-sighted imo.
    I think Mosley is the more complete and more instinctual player. He can do everything well. Shazier is much faster and likely better in coverage, but he's more of a "catch" tackler. Shazier does have an amazing burst, but seems to lack the instincts.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Injury concerns being his surgical knees?
    Knees, hip, elbow, shoulder...

Although he is commonly perceived as a "safe" pick, Mosley has a startling injury history that includes an elbow dislocation, hip dislocation, and a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Mosley ran 4.63 at Alabama's Pro Day, and jumped 35" vertically with a 9-foot-10 broad jump at the Combine. If he holds up physically, Mosley projects as an every-down defender with cover skills and dynamic run-defending ability. Mosley should be a Week 1 starter, but could start out as a nickel linebacker.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think Mosley is the more complete and more instinctual player. He can do everything well. Shazier is much faster and likely better in coverage, but he's more of a "catch" tackler. Shazier does have an amazing burst, but seems to lack the instincts.
    With 40+ Tackles for Loss over the last two years? Poor tackling and lacking instincts?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    forge whatever stats you like to make your cape fly, the bottom line is the better player went to the ravens. pitts as usual picked the dud of the draft. its a disconconcertinging cirlcle. but one that has proven its worth. deal.
    Better how? Can you quantify that? Maybe better liked by some fans, but that is about it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You know, last time I checked it wasn't a crime to be optimistic toward the team you support. But given the way some posters are attacking others based on.... I don't even really know what... perceived inside knowledge of who will fail & succeed perhaps...I'm starting to rethink the innocence of belief..
    It's this nonsense that makes me post and hang out here less. This used to be the only board where people were like a bunch of friends hanging out at Chili's during a game. Now it's more and more like a bunch of know-it-all fourth graders on the playground, arguing and name-calling. Still a lot of great stuff here, but the atmosphere has changed.

Bums me out at times.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWhilen View Post
    It's this nonsense that makes me post and hang out here less. This used to be the only board where people were like a bunch of friends hanging out at Chili's during a game. Now it's more and more like a bunch of know-it-all fourth graders on the playground, arguing and name-calling. Still a lot of great stuff here, but the atmosphere has changed.

Bums me out at times.
    Agreed. While I wasn't happy with the pick because I didn't want another first round LB, it seems silly for people to get belligerent and butt-hurt over it. People used to be a lot more chill here, and that was a big reason why I liked the board to begin with.