Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tOSU fan board members - What say you?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If he made all of those tackles he missed, he would have recorded...

Wait for it...

(Best Dr. Evil voice) One...million tackles!!!
    Now this is funny... I literally just said "one million tackles" out loud in the dr evil voice and then laughed.

Legend

User Info Menu

I watch all of the Buckeyes games and the guy is special. Never noticed him taking a wrong angle, but his speed could easily cover that up.

I was so fixated on taking a CB and the fact that LB didnt seem to be a position of need that he never really crossed my mind. We could have done way worse, like picking that Ray Ray wanna be C.J. Mosley.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm glad we didn't take Mosley. I liked him heading up to the draft but the more I learned about him the more the injury concerns scared me off. I don't know a lot about Shazier though. I can't help but think our Linebacker corps is gonna be special though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Now this is funny... I literally just said "one million tackles" out loud in the dr evil voice and then laughed.
    LOL, I did the exact same thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I live in Buckeye country. Shazier has great mobility and is capable in coverage (esp zone). He is a good blitzer and has elite closing speed. IMO, he has always looked like a safety in his uniform. I know he has bulked up to 237 and still run well. That is fantastic. But, I wonder if that weight is good weight (I have no idea). I believe he played most of his career between 210-225. I think (contrary to others) that this was a Dick LeBeau pick. He loves OSU (obviously) and probably pays closer attention to that program than any other. I believe Shazier probably would have been better served in 4-3 on the weak side. But, he is a Steeler now and I am happy to have another special athlete who can help us when we play pass heavy teams. Frankly, Shazier is so fast he could even play in our nickel or dime packages as a slot cover guy who takes on athletic split-out TEs. It will be interesting to see how he is deployed.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I am interested in seeing a defense with Timmons, Polamalu, Shamarko Thomas and Shazier on the field...

That is a lot of fast guys...

Big nickel package with Worilds and Jones on the edge...Heyward and McClendon lined up at DT...

Timmons and Shazier at LB...

Mitchell, Polamalu and Shamarko Thomas at S...

And whichever two CBs work out the best (Taylor and Allen?)...

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know a lot about the guy but I have to laugh as I read this thread. The people who aren't happy with the pick have used comparisons to Troy and Timmons to further their arguments. I'm not sure if anyone realizes this, but those two are not the comparisons I would use to support a theory of him being a bust.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That sounds a lot like Timmons. Pressure but can't finish the job. I'm sure glad we drafted another one of those in the 1st round. Let's hope JJ or Worilds are able to finish the job.
    Counting on JJ is laughable. Shazier will be a better player, more flexible and more impactful than Jones. Mark it down.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I live in Buckeye country. Shazier has great mobility and is capable in coverage (esp zone). He is a good blitzer and has elite closing speed. IMO, he has always looked like a safety in his uniform. I know he has bulked up to 237 and still run well. That is fantastic. But, I wonder if that weight is good weight (I have no idea). I believe he played most of his career between 210-225. I think (contrary to others) that this was a Dick LeBeau pick. He loves OSU (obviously) and probably pays closer attention to that program than any other. I believe Shazier probably would have been better served in 4-3 on the weak side. But, he is a Steeler now and I am happy to have another special athlete who can help us when we play pass heavy teams. Frankly, Shazier is so fast he could even play in our nickel or dime packages as a slot cover guy who takes on athletic split-out TEs. It will be interesting to see how he is deployed.

Totally agree with you that LeBeau had lots of say in this pick like he probably does every high defensive pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If he made all of those tackles he missed, he would have recorded...

Wait for it...

(Best Dr. Evil voice) One...million tackles!!!
    Nice! Very good!