Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tOSU fan board members - What say you?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tOSU fan board members - What say you?

You are certainly more informed than the typical, jabroni tOSU fan on FB who "love the pick." You guys saw him weekly for years...

The more you think about him, you wonder why he's not a Top 10 pick. He's a productive tackling machine (i.e. Kuechly)... and he runs 4.38!

Backup

User Info Menu

Watched every game on them last year. He hits hard and makes play after play. That is why he had over 100 tackles last year.
    Around the ball a lot also.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Watched every game on them last year. He hits hard and makes play after play. That is why he had over 100 tackles last year.
    Around the ball a lot also.
    Did you think he was special enough to be selected where he was taken?

Backup

User Info Menu

Defiantly worth 1.15. Dude is a stud with speed.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Did you think he was special enough to be selected where he was taken?
    I'm not a scout...but I trust Colbert to make the right decision. I had him on my board next to Mosely. Time will tell.
    He loves football and puts his team first.

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting OT note, Steelers say Shazier will wear #56 (Woodley's old number). And before someone makes a crack, Shazier does not shave is eyebrows....he has alopecia.

Backup

User Info Menu

I watched a lot of Ohio State games the past few years. And Shazier takes bad angles to the ball, and like Troy, a lot of times he misses tackles. He has speed yes, but he is a average pass rusher. He'll get in the backfield, but he can't seal the deal. But, if he can be our Mike ILB, and apply pressure up the middle, where others then finish the job, that would be fine.

I support my team. So I will support this pick, and just HOPE for the best.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    I watched a lot of Ohio State games the past few years. And Shazier takes bad angles to the ball, and like Troy, a lot of times he misses tackles. He has speed yes, but he is a average pass rusher. He'll get in the backfield, but he can't seal the deal. But, if he can be our Mike ILB, and apply pressure up the middle, where others then finish the job, that would be fine.

That sounds a lot like Timmons. Pressure but can't finish the job. I'm sure glad we drafted another one of those in the 1st round. Let's hope JJ or Worilds are able to finish the job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post

Misses tackles? 143 tackles last season, 6th nationally. 101 solo tackles, 3rd nationally. He does need to get stronger though.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Misses tackles? 143 tackles last season, 6th nationally. 101 solo tackles, 3rd nationally.
    If he made all of those tackles he missed, he would have recorded...

Wait for it...

(Best Dr. Evil voice) One...million tackles!!!