Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good stuff on Ryan Shazier

Legend

User Info Menu

Stop with the mocks.
    Did is you miss this? We are not the only team who thought Shazier was BPA and he would have been the next drafted player before Moseley even if we passed on him.

"Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulacallas Cowboys were ready to select Ryan Shazier at No. 16 until #Steelers grabbed him. Agent was on phone w Cowboys.
    https://twitter.com/gerrydulac"

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I am finally cooling off from the Ryan Shazier pick for the Steelers. I DID NOT WANT HIM, period. Hope he turns out well..or atleast make it up in the next 6 rounds.

The part I just can't understand..if we needed a middle linebacker so bad...why not just draft Mosley? I would have been okay with that...but Shazier? Maybe it's because I hate Ohio State and thought it was a bit of a reach (had him going to Green Bay in the 20's in my mock draft)..but like I said, he better produce pretty damn well to have reached so high for Shazier.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    The part I just can't understand..if we needed a middle linebacker so bad...why not just draft Mosley?
    Baltimore Ravens: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama: C Grade

I hate to question Ozzie Newsome, but I'm not a fan of this pick. Trusted sources who wouldn't smokescreen us told us that they had C.J. Mosley in the second round because C.J. Mosley was damaged goods. We actually spoke to two teams that thought Mosley would be available in the second round. The pick makes sense for need purposes, and Mosley could pan out, but this selection has a very high bust rate.

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades1.php[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Stop with the mocks.
    Did is you miss this? We are not the only team who thought Shazier was BPA and he would have been the next drafted player before Moseley even if we passed on him.

"Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulacallas Cowboys were ready to select Ryan Shazier at No. 16 until #Steelers grabbed him. Agent was on phone w Cowboys.
    https://twitter.com/gerrydulac"
    I'm sooooo happy now... because the Cowboys are such an awesome judge of defensive talent!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm sooooo happy now... because the Cowboys are such an awesome judge of defensive talent!
    Well plenty on here wanted Sean Lee? SO they must know LB's. Lee sounds undersized? I think most of the hate on Shazier is he is from THE OSU! Maybe a tad of a reach. But worth the gamble! EVERY DRAFT PROSPECT IS A GAMBLE. I have read 100 times also how great it would be to have a ILB tandem like SF. Well the Steelers should now. Speed kills remember Wallace fans? Damn some of you guys are whiney!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Well plenty on here wanted Sean Lee? SO they must know LB's. Lee sounds undersized? I think most of the hate on Shazier is he is from THE OSU! Maybe a tad of a reach. But worth the gamble! EVERY DRAFT PROSPECT IS A GAMBLE. I have read 100 times also how great it would be to have a ILB tandem like SF. Well the Steelers should now. Speed kills remember Wallace fans? Damn some of you guys are whiney!
    Anybody who dislikes this pick doesn't know a thing about our defensive strategy. I'll leave it at that.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

while shazier was one of their tArgets. he was not the absolute pick. different rumors being thrown around the dallas boards (buddy is a huge cowboy fan)

its funny how we seem to always have evidence from dallas (worldis) when we have a questionable pick