Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good stuff on Ryan Shazier

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Nice article and good game tape:
    [URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdown-corner/nfl-draft-under-the-microscope--ohio-state-lb-ryan-shazier-151723381.html[/URL]
    I like this in that article:

"You're telling me the NFL is going to let him slip down to the point where a playoff team like Green Bay or maybe even Denver gets a crack at him? I don't buy it. Someone is waiting to take him higher than anyone is projecting right now. And that team will be right."

Legend

User Info Menu

Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac:

Dallas Cowboys were ready to select Ryan Shazier at No. 16 until #Steelers grabbed him. Agent was on phone w Cowboys.

[URL]https://twitter.com/gerrydulac[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

why dont they even wait till the clock goes down? they run the pick up there like they were picking 1st. even houston took the full 10 mins to see if a team comes in late with an offer

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Sometime you just have to trust our GM over Mel Kiper or M Mayock. They have done their research and believe it or not know more than you and me.
    That is what I have to go with now too.

Legend

User Info Menu

By Michael Schottey , NFL National Lead Writer May 8, 2014

« PREV16 of 24NEXT »
    15. Pittsburgh Steelers—Ryan Shazier (LB Ohio State)

Grade: C+

How This Pick Goes Right:

Ryan Shazier is known for two things—speed and making plays.

The Steelers are hoping that some of the gamechanging ability he had at Ohio State is going to translate to the NFL level and that he's going to add some much needed punch to the interior of their defense. Next to Jarvis Jones, they're hoping their defense will start to look like it did a decade ago.

How This Pick Could Go Terribly Wrong:

Shazier has trouble in space and isn't the best tackler in the draft. He's a pass-rusher first and may not be able to engage blockers in run defense at the NFL level—especially on the perimeter.

Also, that awesome speed of his was run on a notoriously fast Ohio State track. Don't be surprised if he gets to Pittsburgh and immediately adds a tenth of a second to that 40 time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    try comparing apples to actual apples next time

trade the hell and take him. no one is taking him that high
    Think about this point.
    A few hours ago nobody thought WE would take him this high.
    So if the Steelers were higher on him than anybody thought, how do we know they were alone in rating him that highly?

We get so into looking at mocks but Kiper and the rest aren't the guys making the calls.

If Colbert thinks he is better than Moseley, how do we really know the Ravens who picked Moseley dont grab Shazier if we trade down?

Dude was mocked at around 19 anyway to GB anyway, that is not a lot of room even if they wanted to do it.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Think about this point.
    A few hours ago nobody thought WE would take him this high.
    So if the Steelers were higher on him than anybody thought, how do we know they were alone in rating him that highly?

We get so into looking at mocks but Kiper and the rest aren't the guys making the calls.

If Colbert thinks he is better than Moseley, how do we really know the Ravens who picked Moseley dont grab Shazier if we trade down?

Dude was mocked at around 19 anyway to GB anyway, that is not a lot of room even if they wanted to do it.

Amen Brother. We can all think what we think but in the end, people like Colbert and Tomlin know football, and evaluating players better then Mcshay or Kiper...who never have been on the field in their lives. I mean look at SF pick ( Ward )..or the
    Arizona pick Bucannon. Nobody had them anywhere near round 1. So, are they Nuts as well ? Shazier was ranked as the 13th best prospect by the scouts at NFL.com. That's two spots higher then where we selected him. Yes I know Mosely was great value as well. But styles makes fights. And obviously Shazier's style of play was better suited for us then Mosely.

Relax people.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Come on dudes, he's a Mike Mamula. Crazy fast, not football player

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am finally cooling off from the Ryan Shazier pick for the Steelers. I DID NOT WANT HIM, period. Hope he turns out well..or atleast make it up in the next 6 rounds.

The part I just can't understand..if we needed a middle linebacker so bad...why not just draft Mosley? I would have been okay with that...but Shazier? Maybe it's because I hate Ohio State and thought it was a bit of a reach (had him going to Green Bay in the 20's in my mock draft)..but like I said, he better produce pretty damn well to have reached so high for Shazier.

This better be the most feared linebacker group for the next decade...that's all I have to say.

Players who I hope the Steelers could get in the second: Phillip Gaines, CB. Stephon Tuitt, DE. Louis Nix III, DT. Pierre Desir, CB. Allen Robinson, WR. Donte Moncrief, WR.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I am finally cooling off from the Ryan Shazier pick for the Steelers. I DID NOT WANT HIM, period. Hope he turns out well..or atleast make it up in the next 6 rounds.

The part I just can't understand..if we needed a middle linebacker so bad...why not just draft Mosley? I would have been okay with that...but Shazier? Maybe it's because I hate Ohio State and thought it was a bit of a reach (had him going to Green Bay in the 20's in my mock draft)..but like I said, he better produce pretty damn well to have reached so high for Shazier.

This better be the most feared linebacker group for the next decade...that's all I have to say.

Players who I hope the Steelers could get in the second: Phillip Gaines, CB. Stephon Tuitt, DE. Louis Nix III, DT. Pierre Desir, CB. Allen Robinson, WR. Donte Moncrief, WR.

And Ah...what Professional " Scouting service " do you work for ?????...I thought so!

Now Shut up, and just be happy!!