Legend

User Info Menu

i never want to here we draft PBA again

this was a terrible reach,
    it didnt cover any of our top 5 needs.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasn't a reach. Fuller was the target and when he was gone Shazier made sense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

God you are a baby. How many times have the steelers missed when they pick high? Jarvis Jones is still developing. I wasn't thrilled with the pick but he's a ridiculous athlete and will play inside next to another ridiculous athlete. They have to love the kid considering the depth in this draft. I don't see it as a reach and we sure as **** aren't paid by the steelers. I'd say they know better than any of us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wasn't a reach. Fuller was the target and when he was gone Shazier made sense.
    no way you can convince me we needed a 3rd olb to sit the bench behind 2 young guys compared to taking dennard or zach martin
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    no way you can convince me we needed a 3rd olb to sit the bench behind 2 young guys compared to taking dennard or zach martin
    Squid--it was written here many times. Dennard did not fit how the Steelers ask their CBs to play. He was at his best playing man on man coverage and was not good in zone. The Steelers were likely targeting Fuller who played zone best like the Steelers ask their CBs to do. Once he was gone fixing ILB made perfect sense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we had to go with a LB CJ Mosely would have been a better choice. Now he's a Raven which really blows.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    He'll play ILB next to Timmons. And you can't tell me ILB wasn't a need. Vince Williams? Hell they even brought back Foote since they were so thin at the position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    If we had to go with a LB CJ Mosely would have been a better choice. Now he's a Raven which really blows.
    With sadness, I agree.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mosley has injury concerns and wasn't anywhere the athlete that Shazier is. He was just another Larry Foote...really in Round 1? Who was the last Alabama LB who has done crap in the NFL?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, that sucks. Shazier is fast, but looking at his highlights, a lot of his tackles are more catches than hits. He's great when he's unblocked, but I see no evidence of any ability to get off blocks. Shazier and Timmons may have size, but if they don't get a NT to keep them clean, people will run all over this team.

At least the Steelers didn't rush to the podium, but I think they could have traded down and still gotten Shazier. Or Mosley, a more solid overall linebacker.