Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: i never want to here we draft PBA again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Jerry Jones is on record saying Shazier was a Cowboy.
    link?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Use some of the allotted time.
    it baffles me why they dont use the whole clock like every other team does.

christ, float a rumor out there that the cards are interested in the pick and manziel... see what cleveland does then

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    it baffles me why they dont use the whole clock like every other team does.

christ, float a rumor out there that the cards are interested in the pick and manziel... see what cleveland does then

some like to say its because the steelers really wanted their guy.
    with that logic, the other 30 teams must not have really wanted the guy they picked because they took their time turning in the selection
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    some like to say its because the steelers really wanted their guy.
    with that logic, the other 30 teams must not have really wanted the guy they picked because they took their time turning in the selection
    its asinine

Houston was on the clock since january with the clear #1 prospect there just waiting to be picked and they still took 10 minutes exploring every possible angle

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Jerry Jones is on record saying Shazier was a Cowboy.
    That doesn't make me feel any better...

Considering the Cowboys defense (i believe ranked the worst in NFL history in some category), I don't know if JJ is a great judge of talent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    no way you can convince me we needed a 3rd olb to sit the bench behind 2 young guys compared to taking dennard or zach martin
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Why not take Dennard at that point? A much greater need and he would have played year one, if not at 1 or 2, but in the nickle and dime for sure. Then Ike retires next year and we have a solid CB. I don't even know if Ryan is even going to see the field much. That is terrible for a top 15 over all pick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That doesn't make me feel any better...

Considering the Cowboys defense (i believe ranked the worst in NFL history in some category), I don't know if JJ is a great judge of talent.
    He's not even a mediocre judge of talent without Jimmy Johnson or Big Tuna sitting next to him. The only time he has added talent is when he had those two guys to give him a clue.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Initially, I thought that they took more time. With so many holes, and Manziel on the board, I think it was foolish for them not to listen to offers and shop the pick. This could have been an opportunity to stockpile picks and restock the cupboard.

Rushing to grab Shazier shows a certain arrogance in the FO. An arrogance that, based on recent history (Mendenhall, Ziggy), is not as warranted as it once was.
    THANK YOU! I have been realizing that for a while now.