Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colbert don't f this up

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Colbert don't f this up

This is so sweet, johnny football WILL go to cowboys w/ 16 pick (if no other reason than JJ must sell 100k seats). Steelers at 15, any team wanting johnny KNOWS they have to get in front of the cowgirls. So #1 field trades, if pick is too far off, call dallas.
    "hello, Jerry? Hey you would never guessed who called us (fill in blank), they are interested in your hometown boy. They are offering (blank), how about blank plus one."
    We actually holding alot of cards unless chi does the same.

COLBERT THIS IS A FAILED DRAFT, if you do not get at least another 3rd or 4th from someone!

Legend

User Info Menu

nice job tomlin. what a ****ty pick
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

just shocking JJ didn't want to sell tix.....comeon even if you suck you'll have 1/2 of tx watching every sunday and filling the stadium. WOW getting that 3rd 4th rated tackle is gonna do it JJ! Man, that is why the cowgirls SUCK.
    But still no excuse to not sit there and make the calls. What is it w/ this guy? Sorry he gets lots of praise from other personal- but damn in terms of draft day strategy - he sucks

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the pick. A fast ILB. Along with CB, we needed an ILB. Vince Williams wasn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I like the pick. A fast ILB. Along with CB, we needed an ILB. Vince Williams wasn't exactly setting the world on fire.
    True, but how bad was he with the def. line in front of him. tough call, I think it was an ego pick by Tomlin. DL doesn't make this pick imo. He's too smart. Why gamble on an undersized Lber. This is a deep draft as everyone knows. All of a sudden you take a suspect pick? This is not the draft to take chances. The Steelers have many needs. This deep draft is where you get SOLID starters and quality picks from 1-9. NEXT year you take the chance on a couple picks after you draft the solid contributors this year. Yes, they may not be splash players, but they are starters from day one or week four. So many needs.....why the reach? They blew this round one selection imo.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    True, but how bad was he with the def. line in front of him. tough call, I think it was an ego pick by Tomlin. DL doesn't make this pick imo. He's too smart. Why gamble on an undersized Lber. This is a deep draft as everyone knows. All of a sudden you take a suspect pick? This is not the draft to take chances. The Steelers have many needs. This deep draft is where you get SOLID starters and quality picks from 1-9. NEXT year you take the chance on a couple picks after you draft the solid contributors this year. Yes, they may not be splash players, but they are starters from day one or week four. So many needs.....why the reach? They blew this round one selection imo.
    I'm with you on this one. Not happy with the pick, but I guess I'm pulling for the kid now.

Administrator

User Info Menu

What a dumb pick. This officially means you've given up on Spence, Williams, and Garvin. And if he's an OLB, you've given up on Worilds. Either way, it seems like it makes this pick or previous picks terrible. I hate the pick. #1, I don't think he was BPA. #2, I don't think he was BPA at position of need. This was a BS reach. A typical BS undersized "run and hit LB" which doesn't mean a damn thing. He is inferior to Mosley. However, I bet Tomlin will say that he will "defend every blade of grass" in his press conference.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He may defend every blade of grass, that's fine. But this is a deep draft with players swirling all around. And as the Steelers, we have many needs. What better draft than now to address those needs. You absolutely go position of need vs draft value in this one, and select the best player. Would you rather draft an unknown at a player of interest than a player of production. We know the Steelers answer - potential since they drafted Shazier (**** bag).
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Rookie

User Info Menu

Since when did Shazier not produce?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So we gave up on a guy who hasn't played a snap since he was drafted three years ago. Hell he hasn't even practiced in that long. Garvin, a guy who no-ones ever heard of. and a 3rd day pick in Williams who should be a career back up anyway? Why is that so surprising?