Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colbert don't f this up

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Really wish we had taken Kelvin Benjamin. That will be a regret story for us a few years from now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The thread title is "Colbert don't f this up". The second post in the thread blames Tomlin for the pick. I suggest that since the pick is a defensive player from LeBeau's alma mater, he probably had a lot of input too. So let's spread the blame around. Better yet, how about we not "blame" anyone until at least mid-season?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    DL doesn't make this pick imo. He's too smart.
    Make me laugh. Once gain, LeBeau is the poor victim with no responsibility for anything. A Hall of Fame legend and genius who when it comes to the draft has zero input. Really? Do you need to believe that to keep you idol worship of LeBeau going? LeBeau vets everyone of the these defensive picks and has significant input.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    The thread title is "Colbert don't f this up". The second post in the thread blames Tomlin for the pick. I suggest that since the pick is a defensive player from LeBeau's alma mater, he probably had a lot of input too. So let's spread the blame around. Better yet, how about we not "blame" anyone until at least mid-season?
    Don't try to attach any responsibility to the "Teflon Grandpa" of coaching.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So, you don't like the pick?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's just say that Shazier works out and the defense is better because of it, does Lebeau get credit then? You all are nuts with the black and white without any in between ground, those that love Lebeau and don't believe he can be wrong or has no input and thus no culpability are as crazy as the Lebeau haters that believe he's forgotten how to evaluate talent and coach football.

smh
    Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    So, you don't like the pick?!?
    I love the Shazier pick. My comment is for all those who are bashing the pick as a big mistake by Tomlin and Colbert and acting like LeBeau is a deaf mute when it comes to talent evaluation. Ohio State guy and anyone thinks LeBeau didn't have more info on Shazier than anyone?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Really wish we had taken Kelvin Benjamin. That will be a regret story for us a few years from now.
    damn near everyone else in the league will regret it..

he went 28th

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Make me laugh. Once gain, LeBeau is the poor victim with no responsibility for anything. A Hall of Fame legend and genius who when it comes to the draft has zero input. Really? Do you need to believe that to keep you idol worship of LeBeau going? LeBeau vets everyone of the these defensive picks and has significant input.
    Of course he has significant input. Why wouldn't you give your DC input into the draft. I'm sure Haley had input also. That being said I don't believe for a second that LeBeau "made" the pick. That's on Colbert and Tomlin.

I hope the pick turns out to be a stroke of genius no matter who made the final decision.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!