Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Post your Nightmare pick here for round 1...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I like it also Ovi. They finally addressed ILB.
    I don't think they were desperate for ILB. However... if they were.... they drafted the wrong guy. The Raven's draft the right guy. Tomlin keeps thinking he'll hit the Brooks "run and hit" guy... but he continues to fail at drafting the best guy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't think they were desperate for ILB. However... if they were.... they drafted the wrong guy. The Raven's draft the right guy. Tomlin keeps thinking he'll hit the Brooks "run and hit" guy... but he continues to fail at drafting the best guy.
    I agree, Shazier is a band aid, just another instance where the rat birds kill us in drafting.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Alabama players are so hard to predict how they will play...cause they always have a lot of good defensive players who make each other look better then they actually are a lot of the time. I mean look at when Baltimore selected Alabama DT, Terrence Cody in round 2. I CLEARLY remember reading a lot of Steeler fans in message boards saying how we ( Steelers )..totally screwed up by NOT taking Cody when we were on the board. Instead we selected Jason Woirlds 5 spots earlier...and TONS of Steeler fans..( Probably YOU )..were B!tching and Whining then.

Ah well...how did that turn out for us, and how did Cody turn out for Baltimore ?......And in that same draft, in round 1...EVERYBODY was saying what a STUD Rolondo McClain was.....and where exactly is Rolondo now son ?.....Oh that's right.....taking my Order when I drive thru BURGER KING!!!

Here endith the Lesson!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Shazier wasn't the pick I thought might happen, not even really the pick I wanted, but he's a productive, impact player.

Ok, so he's smaller than ideal, but so was Larry Foote. Timmons was at first too. These guys are not supposed to be tangling with OG's. That's why you have Casey Hampton's. To get the best out of Timmons & Shazier, upgrade NT.

Potentially, this is a very good pick. So long as they put the right pieces around the field.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

Mosely is Taller, and lighter then Shazier, and not as strong, or as fast. So how exactly is Shazier too small...and Mosely is not ? Also, read below the snip on Mosely....

Weaknesses
    Has a narrow build. Has been slowed by elbow, hip and shoulder injuries throughout his career and long-term durability will require thorough inspection by medical examiners. Gets hung up on the blitz (shoulder stiffness) and must learn how to use more finesse picking a side instead of relying on bull power and striking blockers down the middle. Can learn to do a better job shooting his hands to shock defenders and disengage from blocks. Could be challenged matching up down the field with his back to the ball vs. flex TEs in the slot (man coverage). Could stand to become a more vocal leader

Yeah, he would have been MUCH better for the Steelers then Shazier...especially sitting in the DAMN Hot tub rehabbing!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Alabama players are so hard to predict how they will play...cause they always have a lot of good defensive players who make each other look better then they actually are a lot of the time. I mean look at when Baltimore selected Alabama DT, Terrence Cody in round 2. I CLEARLY remember reading a lot of Steeler fans in message boards saying how we ( Steelers )..totally screwed up by NOT taking Cody when we were on the board. Instead we selected Jason Woirlds 5 spots earlier...and TONS of Steeler fans..( Probably YOU )..were B!tching and Whining then.

Ah well...how did that turn out for us, and how did Cody turn out for Baltimore ?......And in that same draft, in round 1...EVERYBODY was saying what a STUD Rolondo McClain was.....and where exactly is Rolondo now son ?.....Oh that's right.....taking my Order when I drive thru BURGER KING!!!

Here endith the Lesson!!
    Cody isn't in the same ballpark as Mosley and McClain isn't near the prospect either. The Steelers drafted an athlete.... not a football player. They could have drafted the next Farrior but they didnt....instead, the Raven's chose to.

Everyone overrates Timmons... He's good but he's nothing special. He would be a #2 on quite a few teams.

Backup

User Info Menu

Cody isn't in the same ballpark as Mosley and McClain isn't near the prospect either. The Steelers drafted an athlete.... not a football player. They could have drafted the next Farrior but they didnt....instead, the Raven's chose to.

Everyone overrates Timmons... He's good but he's nothing special. He would be a #2 on quite a few teams.

Well son...that " ATHLETE "...in 11 LESS GAMES had 8 more total tackles then Mosely. Had just about as many TFL last season ( 22.5 )...then Mosely had in his 4 years at Alabama. And has more Sacks and QB pressures then Mosely had.

And it's NOT like Shazier was playing at " Saginaw Valley State " either. He was going up against Opponents every bit as tough as Mosely faced.

Oh...but he is NOT a Football player huh ? ( LOL @ U )

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Shazier wasn't the pick I thought might happen, not even really the pick I wanted, but he's a productive, impact player.

Ok, so he's smaller than ideal, but so was Larry Foote. Timmons was at first too. These guys are not supposed to be tangling with OG's. That's why you have Casey Hampton's. To get the best out of Timmons & Shazier, upgrade NT.

Potentially, this is a very good pick. So long as they put the right pieces around the field.
    give up already on the stupid justification. form your own opinion, did the steelers improve themselves tonite? I don't think so.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Administrator

User Info Menu

Well son...that " ATHLETE "...in 11 LESS GAMES had 8 more total tackles then Mosely. Had just about as many TFL last season ( 22.5 )...then Mosely had in his 4 years at Alabama. And has more Sacks and QB pressures then Mosely had.

And it's NOT like Shazier was playing at " Saginaw Valley State " either. He was going up against Opponents every bit as tough as Mosely faced.

Yea... OSU is playing tougher competition than Alabama. Do you watch college football? Do you know which conference Alabama plays in? Apparently not, Sunny boy.

OSU is equal to Saginaw Valley State to Alabama just as Michigan was in the 1st game in the year when they embarrassed them on national television.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dude, I hope U r right, but I hated the pick