Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Post your Nightmare pick here for round 1...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Dude, I hope U r right, but I hated the pick

Okay, so you personally liked Mosely more. Some here liked Dennard more, ect. Bottom line is they selected Shazier. And his pedigree suggest this was not a reach pick, like say with who the 49ers selected and who Arizona selected. But even IF he was a reach...who cares. ? I mean the guy IS a Pittsburgh Steeler....lets ALL get behind our new player, and give him all the support that he deserves.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Okay, so you personally liked Mosely more. Some here liked Dennard more, ect. Bottom line is they selected Shazier. And his pedigree suggest this was not a reach pick, like say with who the 49ers selected and who Arizona selected. But even IF he was a reach...who cares. ? I mean the guy IS a Pittsburgh Steeler....lets ALL get behind our new player, and give him all the support that he deserves.
    I did that when I hated Jarvis Jones, the weak OLB, and it proved itself true, JJ was a **** pick last year and Shazier is a **** pick this year. Tomlin needs to get his **** together. he obviously has no clue on how to draft.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    give up already on the stupid justification. form your own opinion, did the steelers improve themselves tonite? I don't think so.
    Feel better after venting? You realise I didn't pick him, right?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Rookie

User Info Menu

People love to hate Buckeyes for some reason...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    People love to hate Buckeyes for some reason...
    Well I didn't like the pick at first but it is growing on me. I think I'm pi$$ed because Dennard was still on the board and he was the guy I wanted us to take. I don't hate the Buckeyes but I do hate the fact that their players aren't eligible for the OTAs. I think that really hurts our rookies coming in and we seem to gravitate towards picking players from those schools.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    How does me not liking the pick effect his success in any way? No attitude any of us have will impact his results. We basically just drafted Mike Mamula.

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1078067-nfl-combine-2012-the-cautionary-tale-of-mike-mamula[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

I did that when I hated Jarvis Jones, the weak OLB, and it proved itself true, JJ was a **** pick last year and Shazier is a **** pick this year. Tomlin needs to get his **** together. he obviously has no clue on how to draft.
    Really? Tomlin, by his own admission, is a "personnel junky".

After all these years, I finally understand what he was saying.... He likes junky personnel.

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course Colbert was asleep and LeBeau was a victim. Any decison not to your liking is a bad decision by Tomlin because he has total power to make all decisions. I'm sure the "great" Dick LeBeau has zero say or input on a defensive player from his alma mater.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Of course Colbert was asleep and LeBeau was a victim.
    Tomlin holds them hostage every draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Well I didn't like the pick at first but it is growing on me. I think I'm pi$$ed because Dennard was still on the board and he was the guy I wanted us to take. I don't hate the Buckeyes but I do hate the fact that their players aren't eligible for the OTAs. I think that really hurts our rookies coming in and we seem to gravitate towards picking players from those schools.
    Dennard is a man to man cover guy who struggles in zone. He doesn't fit our defense. I would be surprised if the Steelers had 3-4 CBs rated higher on their board than Dennard.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"