Thread: Anyone Else Psyched For the Draft Already

Backup

User Info Menu

I feel a draft, BICHES!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm psyched that espn and the nfl network will not announce the pick before it goes to the podium. for the 1st two rounds anyway, then I guess they have free reign.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

I will be really " PSYCHED " if a team selects " Michael Sam " in round 1....and he goes up to the podium and FRENCH KISSES Roger Goodell!!

Starter

User Info Menu

I feel like a kid at Christmas! There are a bunch of picks I'd be excited about in rounds 1, 2, and 3!

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    I feel like a kid at Christmas! There are a bunch of picks I'd be excited about in rounds 1, 2, and 3!
    I was just thinking that even if the Steelers pick someone I'm not excited about, the second they pick him, I'll be excited about him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette's 2014 NFL mock draft, Round 1

May 7, 2014
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

1. HOUSTON: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina – Texans will get their QB in the next round.

2. ST. LOUIS: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn – Top tackle with Jake Long hurt.

3. JACKSONVILLE: Khali Mack, OLB, Buffalo – Sammy Watkins is tempting, though.

4. CLEVELAND: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson – Another great receiver in AFC North.

5. OAKLAND: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan – A bit high, but the Raiders love him.

6. ATLANTA -- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M – They really need a left tackle .

7. TAMPA BAY – Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M – Bucs last in passing last season.

8. MINNESOTA --- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida – The search for a franchise QB continues.

9. BUFFALO: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina – 28th passing offense needs a big boost.

10. DETROIT: Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt – New D coordinator Teryl Austin a Pitt grad.

11. TENNESSEE: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA – DC Ray Horton knows OLBs.

12. NEW YORK GIANTS: Zack Martin, G, Notre Dame – Can play anywhere on the line.

13. ST. LOUIS: Darquese Dennard, CB, Michigan State – Rams were 19th in pass defense last year.

14. CHICAGO: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama – Bears fill their biggest need.

15. STEELERS: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State – First CB drafted No. 1 in 17 years.

16. DALLAS: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M – But they just gave Tony Romo $55 million!

17. BALTIMORE: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama – Looking for the next Ray Lewis.

18. NEW YORK JETS: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU – Looking for the next Santonio Holmes.

19. MIAMI: Ja’Wuan James, OT, Tennessee – A little high, but Dolphins need a RT.

20. ARIZONA: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville – Passing up a QB for defense.

21. GREEN BAY: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State – Pack needs to get younger, faster here.

22. PHILADELPHIA: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech – Fills Birds’ top need.

23. KANSAS CITY: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State – Chiefs need to get younger, faster at receiver.

24. CINCINNATI: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU – Next best cornerback available.

25. SAN DIEGO: Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame – Chargers need to plug the middle.

26. CLEVELAND: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville – Browns draft gameplan works out.

27. NEW ORLEANS: Marqise Lee, WR, Southern Cal – The offense just keeps reloading.

28. CAROLINA: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State – They love this guy and fills top need.

29. NEW ENGLAND: Ra’Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota – Big, powerful and fills a need.

30. SAN FRANCISCO: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana – The most underrated receiver in the draft.

31. DENVER: Kony Ealy, DE Missouri – No more weapons for Peyton, he has enough.

32. SEATTLE: Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State – Might take Hageman if he’s available.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/05/08/Ed-Bouchette-s-2014-NFL-mock-draft-Round-1/stories/201405080172#ixzz315tfqPYF[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A few weeks ago I went over some Tennessee tape and said to my son that James could be a sleeper type T and has the feet to play the left side. However I thought he would be a possible 2nd rounder not a 1. A possible 2nd for us if other things didn't work out, I don't see him being the 19th best guy by a long shot. I do like Ed B but if Miami likes James that much they should be able to move back and get him later.
    If it went this way could we make Dallas pay BIG to move up to 15 to get Manziel?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    If it went this way could we make Dallas pay BIG to move up to 15 to get Manziel?
    Not Dallas, they would call our bluff. It would have to be a player we would actually want if they don't trade. I mentioned Barr should he fall as THAT kind of player we would like but that Dallas is rumored to covet.

However, in that scenario we could float willingness to trade down for some other team to jump ahead of Dallas to get Manziel. In fact I would not be surprised at all if that were to happen.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    A few weeks ago I went over some Tennessee tape and said to my son that James could be a sleeper type T and has the feet to play the left side. However I thought he would be a possible 2nd rounder not a 1. A possible 2nd for us if other things didn't work out, I don't see him being the 19th best guy by a long shot. I do like Ed B but if Miami likes James that much they should be able to move back and get him later.
    No reason for the Cowboys to move one spot, they know the Steelers aren't taking manziel, however, the Jets on the other hand might want to leap frog the Boys and grab him and that could work out nicely for the Steelers.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope Dallas is having a big one for Johnny Football. We would be in a nice leverage situation. McShea said on ESPN Manziel was #1 on Dallas big board. Lets hope the stars line up for us.