Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Donald/Kyle Fuller

Legend

User Info Menu

where would donald fit on this defense?

are we changing to a 4-3 ANY time soon??

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

I think it is unfair to say Donald could not play DE in a 3-4. I mean Donald is 285Lbs at under 6ft, 1. Aaron Smith was 295 when he played DE for us, but he was 6ft, 5. So at 10 Lbs less is not a big deal when you factor in Donald's height. Also, Donald was amazingly fast, and did 36 Reps at the Combine...among the best of everyone there. So considering all that, why do you or anyone else automatically say he could not be a 3-4 DE ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Donald is too small to be a nose tackle, I say.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

So a team that can't rush the passer and get sacks now has the luxury to pass on potentially the best pass rusher and most disruptive defensive lineman in the draft because he "doesn't fit the system?" Really? Perhaps we should continue with the approach of putting our #1 draft pick on the sidleines to watch because he isn't strong enough or fast enough. Maybe he can then produce in the final year of his rookie contract so we can "tag" him at a rate of $9M per year?

How about we mandate that our Hall of Fame, "genius" defensive coordinator find a way to use him? Radical thought I know.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So a team that can't rush the passer and get sacks now has the luxury to pass on potentially the best pass rusher and most disruptive defensive lineman in the draft because he "doesn't fit the system?" Really? Perhaps we should continue with the approach of putting our #1 draft pick on the sidleines to watch because he isn't strong enough or fast enough. Maybe he can then produce in the final year of his rookie contract so we can "tag" him at a rate of $9M per year?

How about we mandate that our Hall of Fame, "genius" defensive coordinator find a way to use him? Radical thought I know.
    Yeah, to hell with the other 10 players on defense!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Donald is too small to be a nose tackle, I say.
    Too light for an NT and too short for a 5 Tech DE...if Ziggy Hood didn't fit well, chances are that Donald won't either...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Too light for an NT and too short for a 5 Tech DE...if Ziggy Hood didn't fit well, chances are that Donald won't either...

Ziggy didn't workout well cause he was not a hard worker. He didn't like fighting through Blocks as a 3-4 DE. Ziggy also did not have the great speed and technique that Donald has either. Ziggy's heaight had ZERO to do with it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Which #1 draft pick sat on the bench until his last year only to be tag?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Ziggy didn't workout well cause he was not a hard worker. He didn't like fighting through Blocks as a 3-4 DE. Ziggy also did not have the great speed and technique that Donald has either. Ziggy's heaight had ZERO to do with it.
    The problem with Ziggy was not his work ethic...in fact, that is the only thing that made him as successful as he was...

Ziggy's problem was that he was not a good fit for the defense...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    I would agree with height issue being a non issue. He seemed like a hard worker to me. That was not the issue imho. To say he didn't like to fight through blocks is something I don't understand. You can sum up Ziggy like this... regardless of how strong you are if your the last guy moving once the ball is snapped it's hard if not impossible to be very effective. His ability to stack and shed was so so at best so that led to him not being a difference maker as a 5 tech.

Regarding Dallas and Donald being on the board I would jump at a 5th round pick and let them move up a spot to grab him.