Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft " Rumblings " Thread

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Besides the Pats who has a legit 2 TE threat that is good?
    I think the Steelers were the 2 TE model that Billy B copied. Hines and Heath Miller are the perfect pairing. Hines was as effective as 90% of the glorified TEs that are really WRs. He played more like a TE than most TEs in the league.

This draft isn't deep at TE, but when I looked more at all the guys, I think CJ Fiedorowicz is more of the Steelers TE. He's the guy that looks like a balanced TE to me. Might be able to get him in the 4th round and he's not the head case of some of the others.

Charley Casserly: Johnny Manziel won't go in 1st round

By Gregg Rosenthal
    Around The League Editor
    Published: May 5, 2014

Everything is on the table with Johnny Manziel. That's part of his appeal.

You never know what's coming from play to play or from game to game. Manziel's unpredictability works on a macro level too. He could have a career like Michael Vick, Drew Brees or Vince Young, and none of it would be particularly surprising. We certainly don't know what's going to happen to Manziel this week.

Most analysts have Manziel going in the draft's top 10. There is increased speculation lately that the St. Louis Rams might take Manziel, who would displace quarterback Sam Bradford. And then there is our resident NFL Media general manager, Charley Casserly, who doesn't even have Manziel going in the first round of his latest mock draft.

I sit right behind Casserly when he's in Los Angeles and know how much research goes into his mock drafts. He spends all day on the phone with executives around the league; it's not coming out of thin air.

Casserly doesn't see Manziel as a top-10 talent and that view is shared by most teams, Casserly says. That is a long-held view for many of the decision-makers. Casserly spoke with eight executives back in January. Only one of the eight believed Manziel was a top-15 talent.

Casserly's sources simply don't see the Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, Jacksonville Jaguars or Minnesota Vikings taking Manziel in the first round. Speaking with Around The League on Monday, Casserly felt strongly that Cleveland's staff was not interested in Manziel.

Of course, not everyone agrees. Our draft expert Daniel Jeremiah has Manziel going at No. 4 to Cleveland in his mock draft. ESPN suggested Monday they expect the Browns to take Manziel at No. 4, if he's available. This is the time of year when practically every scenario is covered. You can find a mock draft or report covering nearly any possibility, and then you can find another report disputing the fact.

Only three days left until we finally learn the truth.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...o-in-1st-round

Banned
    Jets | Showing interest in Marqise Lee
    Tue, 06 May 2014 10:37:17 -0700
    The New York Jets have shown significant interest in Southern California WR Marqise Lee. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg attended Lee's pro day and had private visits with him before and after the event. The team also brought him to the team training center for a visit.

I smell a smokescreen.
    If YOU desperately wanted Manzel you would dis him like everyone else.
    NO WAY IN HECK he gets out of the first round.

Let me add HE WILL BE the first QB taken.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Charley Casserly: Johnny Manziel won't go in 1st round

By Gregg Rosenthal
    Around The League Editor
    Published: May 5, 2014

Everything is on the table with Johnny Manziel. That's part of his appeal.

You never know what's coming from play to play or from game to game. Manziel's unpredictability works on a macro level too. He could have a career like Michael Vick, Drew Brees or Vince Young, and none of it would be particularly surprising. We certainly don't know what's going to happen to Manziel this week.

Most analysts have Manziel going in the draft's top 10. There is increased speculation lately that the St. Louis Rams might take Manziel, who would displace quarterback Sam Bradford. And then there is our resident NFL Media general manager, Charley Casserly, who doesn't even have Manziel going in the first round of his latest mock draft.

I sit right behind Casserly when he's in Los Angeles and know how much research goes into his mock drafts. He spends all day on the phone with executives around the league; it's not coming out of thin air.

Casserly doesn't see Manziel as a top-10 talent and that view is shared by most teams, Casserly says. That is a long-held view for many of the decision-makers. Casserly spoke with eight executives back in January. Only one of the eight believed Manziel was a top-15 talent.

Casserly's sources simply don't see the Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, Jacksonville Jaguars or Minnesota Vikings taking Manziel in the first round. Speaking with Around The League on Monday, Casserly felt strongly that Cleveland's staff was not interested in Manziel.

Of course, not everyone agrees. Our draft expert Daniel Jeremiah has Manziel going at No. 4 to Cleveland in his mock draft. ESPN suggested Monday they expect the Browns to take Manziel at No. 4, if he's available. This is the time of year when practically every scenario is covered. You can find a mock draft or report covering nearly any possibility, and then you can find another report disputing the fact.

Only three days left until we finally learn the truth.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...o-in-1st-round

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Marcus Martin heads to the draft

Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT

A new name has been added to the list of players who’ll be attending the draft on Thursday — and maybe Friday.

Per multiple reports, USC center Marcus Martin will head to Radio City Music Hall. Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media

This is surprising to me. I like Martin but, I had him more of a late 2nd early 3rd rounder. The fact that he is Invited to the drafts war room must mean that a team is looking at him in round 1.
    In past years, the NFL invited maybe 8-10 guys who were all solid first round bets. Waiting in the green room too long (a la Brady Quinn) was uncomfortable. But now they invite 30 players to the draft, so some will inevitably fall into day two.

My inside sources say that Starlifter might not even get drafted by a team in spite of being invited to Radio City.

I would be shocked if Manziel makes it out of the first.

Banned
    ESPN AFC NORTH‏@ESPNAFCNORTH·16 mins
    Roethlisberger laments loss of Cotchery http://es.pn/1ijQC4n

Mike Jurecki‏@mikejurecki·29 mins
    >>.@JayGlazer: Browns won't be drafting Manziel at #4. I know it's been out there a ton that they will but no that's not how they have it.

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet·1 hr
    Mentioned earlier the #Jets are looking to trade up. Their target is the Top 10, and I’m told they are very hot on #LSU WR Odell Beckham.

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet·45 mins
    Interesting. Shares an agent Blake Bortles RT @NFL_CFB: Big Ben doubts Johnny Manziel's ability to stay healthy. http://on.nfl.com/1kJiqfu

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet·24 mins
    Interesting @NFL invited #USC center Marcus Martin to Radio City. Could he go late-first? #Saints are high on him, tho they have other needs

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I smell a smokescreen.
    If YOU desperately wanted Manzel you would dis him like everyone else.
    NO WAY IN HECK he gets out of the first round.

Let me add HE WILL BE the first QB taken.
    Casserly has no stake in this. He works for the NFL Network not any particular team. Why would he send a smoke screen? I heard him say on the Dan Patrick show today, there was dirt on Manziel that he didn't feel comfortable talking about on the air. This guy, has an ex-NFL GM, has inside information. I doubt very seriously if he is going to talk out the side of his neck on something like this.

Ask Ben Roethlisberger what he thinks about Manziel.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would be shocked if Manziel makes it out of the first.
    Be prepared to not only get shocked but probably go into shock.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Rara--that is an interesting perspective given that your mock draft has two complete train wrecks in Lyerla and Henderson in Rounds 6 and 7...talk about attitudes!

How many games have you actually seen Ebron play. I've watched about half a dozen and his blocking is not as bad as the hype machine as build it up to be. He is also a mismatch nightmare that you would be challenged to find elsewhere in the draft. If Ozzie Newsome would take him that is enough of an endorsement for me because he is among the very best GMs and talent evaluators in the game.

That's why I have them in the last rounds. If we are drafting tight ends in the first...we might as well draft a quarter back in the second round. Makes just as much sense. We have other needs to fill...tight end isn't a huge need right now.
    Rara's very early 2015 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1- Jalen Collins, CB; LSU
    Round 2- Eric Lefeld, OT; Cincinatti
    Round 3- Tyler Kroft, TE; Rutgers
    Round 4- Geneo Grissom, OLB; Oklahoma
    Round 5- Jonathon Mincy, CB; Auburn
    Round 6- Jamil Douglas, OG; Arizona State
    Round 7- Spencer Roth, P; Baylor