Haven't had as much time lately to make 100 mocks before the draft. So I'm going the 1 and done route this year.
For your entertainment. Flippy Colbert brings you, your 2014 Steelers draftees. I think I nailed it - LOL.
1. CJ Mosley - ILB - Alabama - 6'2" - 234lbs
LBs make or break our defense and CJ might be one of the most solid and versatile defenders in the draft. Feels like the safe pick at 15.
2. Stephon Tuitt - DE - Notre Dame - 6'5" - 304lbs
Good college performer that's got the perfect build/makeup to play 3-4 DE.
3. Jaylen Watkins - CB - Florida - 6' - 194lbs
Great athlete that would fit well into a lot of positions in our secondary. The older brother of Sammy and maybe a better athlete.
4. CJ Fiedorowicz - TE - Iowa - 6'5" - 265lbs
This kid looks like the perfect Steelers TE. He's got the build to block and the speed/athleticism to catch passes.
5. Brandon Coleman - WR - Rutgers - 6'6" - 225lbs
I'd call him a gamble that needs time to develop, but how many WRs can you find with this kid's frame.
5. EJ Gaines - CB - Missouri - 5'10" - 190lbs
Strong and physical corner that fits well into a zone. Good all around athlete.
6. Ryan Carrethers - NT - Arkansas State - 6'1" - 337lbs
Strong and physical prospect. Good anchor potential as a 2 down NT.
6. Solomon Patton - WR - Florida - 5'8" - 179lbs
I think the Steelers like these super athletic and tough little WRs. This kid has the Welker/AB type potential.
7. Devon Kennard - OLB - USC - 6'3" - 249lbs
Smart and hard working football player with NFL bloodlines. Not the greatest athlete, but a kid with all the intangibles the Steelers would love. Perfect 7th round project that I think Joey Porter could get something out of.
7. John Urshcel - OG - PSU - 6'3" - 313lbs
Intelligent kid with all the intangibles the Steelers would love. Bit of a project, but Munchak needs one.