Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK everyone, its time to make your pick

Legend

User Info Menu

OK everyone, its time to make your pick

trade up, trade down, stand pat.....whatever.
    make your prediction on who you think the steelers will take in the first round.
    not what you want them to do, not what you would do. simply make your prediction

Mine is CB Dennard MSU
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Dennard or Fuller

Legend

User Info Menu

I want Evans and think that the team wants Evans too, but I give that less than a 5% chance of happening (which is more than I would have given DeCastro falling to us a couple of years ago, so you never know...anything is possible, so I'm still holding out hope with my sig mock).

I think if Barr falls, then he's the pick. I think that former Steeler defensive quality control coach Lou Spanos (now the Titans LB coach) will push hard for Tennessee to take Barr, since the Titans are converting to a 3-4 under another former Steeler defensive assistant coach Ray Horton. Spanos was the LB coach at UCLA who converted Barr from a RB to a LB phenom. If the Tennessee brass opts for a QB instead, or perhaps a CB, or an OT or whatever, then Barr could easily fall, and I could see him being the pick.

You can never have too many pass rushers, and getting after the QB and causing turnovers has been a weakness of ours of late. Worilds is expensive and not signed long-term, so Barr could be the answer if Worilds falls on his face and is not worthy of being our long-term starter, or if he plays out of his mind and we can no longer afford to pay him beyond this year when we will also have to re-up with Ben, Heyward, Pouncey, etc. on long-term deals soon too.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Odell Beckham Jr

Legend

User Info Menu

There is also a decent possibility that Zack Martin overtakes Taylor Lewan as the #3 OT off the board, which could put Lewan in the crosshairs to be taken at #15. You never know.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    There is also a decent possibility that Zack Martin overtakes Taylor Lewan as the #3 OT off the board, which could put Lewan in the crosshairs to be taken at #15. You never know.
    no thanks...

Starter

User Info Menu

Kyle Fuller

Backup

User Info Menu

O Beckham
    Boy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Philadelphia reportedly talking to two teams in the mid 1st rnd range with the intent of taking Beckham Jr. according to rotoworld. Could be an interstate trade??
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska