Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: OK everyone, its time to make your pick

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm gonna say that 6 QBs go in the top 15 and really shake up the top end of the draft. Add in Clowney and Watkins. That makes 8. The 2 OLBs (Mack, Barr) cause there's a premium on pass rushers make 10. And 3 LTs (Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan) make 13. And then I think the Bears go DB with Ha Ha or Gilbert.

And then Tomlin and Colbert trip all over each other stumbling up to the podium to select Mike Evans.

I don't want a WR in the first round at all. And I hope we could trade down in this scenario. I just have a feeling because I don't want a 1st round WR, he's gonna be the BPA on the board.
    It is also the Offensive's turn at the first rounder this year. Alternated every year.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Pro Bowler
    I'm gonna say that 6 QBs go in the top 15 and really shake up the top end of the draft. Add in Clowney and Watkins. That makes 8. The 2 OLBs (Mack, Barr) cause there's a premium on pass rushers make 10. And 3 LTs (Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan) make 13. And then I think the Bears go DB with Ha Ha or Gilbert.

And then Tomlin and Colbert trip all over each other stumbling up to the podium to select Mike Evans.

I don't want a WR in the first round at all. And I hope we could trade down in this scenario. I just have a feeling because I don't want a 1st round WR, he's gonna be the BPA on the board.
    In the first 15 picks, I think you can say with almost certainty that 5 of them will not be taking a QB in round one: Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, NY Giants, Atlanta. That means that 6 out of the remaining 10 take a QB? Maybe Dallas moves up from 16 (if the rumors are true). I'd give this "Dumb & Dumber odds": the chance is 1 in a million. So you're saying I have a chance...

After hearing Charlie Casserly today, I'm not so sure Manziel gets picked in the 1st round. He has dirt on him that he refused to discuss publicly.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    sounds impossible.. this isn't 83.

Russel Wilson is the reason teams are going to pick a QB early? That makes no damn sense Flippy. If anything teams will follow the Wilson model and draft everything BUT a QB until the 2nd and 3rd day.

We used to draft our OLBs later in the draft. Now these pass rushers are premium picks and everyone wants the same guys we'd usually be able to get later.

Wilson was arguably the most talented QB in his draft class if he was 6'5". I think teams will start looking at talent different and pull the trigger earlier on the QBs around 6'.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    In the first 15 picks, I think you can say with almost certainty that 5 of them will not be taking a QB in round one: Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, NY Giants, Atlanta. That means that 6 out of the remaining 10 take a QB? Maybe Dallas moves up from 16 (if the rumors are true). I'd give this "Dumb & Dumber odds": the chance is 1 in a million. So you're saying I have a chance...
    I'm calling Dumber

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    I'm calling Dumber
    Do you call dibs on the powder blue tux or the orange tux, flip?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Do you call dibs on the powder blue tux or the orange tux, flip?

LOL The blue brings out my eyes.

Hall of Famer
    Mike Evans...

But they will draft Dennard and if he is not avalable trade down and draft kelvin benjamin
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Mike Evans...

But they will draft Dennard and if he is not avalable trade down and draft kelvin benjamin
    Agree with Evans being the Steelers top target and Dennard being a quality consolation prize, but disagree about Benjamin, even after a trade down. Benjamin has the measurables you look for, but something intangible just seems to be missing in my mind. I foresee disappointment with him like with Mike Williams (the one drafted by Detroit, not Tampa) or Dwayne Jarrett. I'd rather another smurf receiver than Benjamin.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    It is also the Offensive's turn at the first rounder this year. Alternated every year.
    Yes it is. And Colbert & Tomlin like LOS guys early. Taylor Lewan.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00