Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OK everyone, its time to make your pick

Legend
    Repeat after me...Ryan Shazier!!!!!

Say it three times really fast.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    I'm gonna say that 6 QBs go in the top 15 and really shake up the top end of the draft. Add in Clowney and Watkins. That makes 8. The 2 OLBs (Mack, Barr) cause there's a premium on pass rushers make 10. And 3 LTs (Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan) make 13. And then I think the Bears go DB with Ha Ha or Gilbert.

And then Tomlin and Colbert trip all over each other stumbling up to the podium to select Mike Evans.

I don't want a WR in the first round at all. And I hope we could trade down in this scenario. I just have a feeling because I don't want a 1st round WR, he's gonna be the BPA on the board.

Disagree. I think that with the signing of Moore and Hayward-Bey, WR is off their radar in round 1. It's gotta be defense.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

I think it will be Dennard, and I'm generally ok with it. Don't love it, don't hate it. If the Steelers trade back a bit, I think, and fear, that Benjamin will be the target.

Hall of Famer
    6 Qbs Flip? You are right...That would really upset the picks. Steelers couldn't ask for a better script. I see 2 maybe 3 coming off the board in Top 15.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    6 Qbs Flip? You are right...That would really upset the picks. Steelers couldn't ask for a better script. I see 2 maybe 3 coming off the board in Top 15.
    Sounds crazy? Sure. I have this feeling someone's gonna pick McCarron early to everyone's surprise and it's gonna make teams scramble to get the guy they like even if they have to trade up to do it. And I think with Wilson winning a SuperBowl, teams aren't gonna shy away from guys that are smallish this year.

In a typical year, I'd say Bortles is the only guy that looks like a franchise QB. But everything changed when RW brought a Lombardi to Seattle. These 6' QBs all of a sudden look more franchisey.

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Disagree. I think that with the signing of Moore and Hayward-Bey, WR is off their radar in round 1. It's gotta be defense.
    I don't think that impacts things at all. The Steelers typically make low-level signings at every position to ensure that they don't have a gaping hole on the roster. I think they'd grab a WR if the right guy is there, just as I don't think Cam Thomas precludes drafting a DE.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Sounds crazy? Sure. I have this feeling someone's gonna pick McCarron early to everyone's surprise and it's gonna make teams scramble to get the guy they like even if they have to trade up to do it. And I think with Wilson winning a SuperBowl, teams aren't gonna shy away from guys that are smallish this year.

In a typical year, I'd say Bortles is the only guy that looks like a franchise QB. But everything changed when RW brought a Lombardi to Seattle. These 6' QBs all of a sudden look more franchisey.
    sounds impossible.. this isn't 83.

Russel Wilson is the reason teams are going to pick a QB early? That makes no damn sense Flippy. If anything teams will follow the Wilson model and draft everything BUT a QB until the 2nd and 3rd day.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-06-2014 at 01:15 PM.

I don't think McCarron is that bad of a pick. I don't see anything in him that says he will set the NFL on fire, but he has game.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Odell Beckham Jr
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi