Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Steelers Should Have Waited Until 2014 to Draft Developmental QB

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Ego didn't prevent them from letting Dennis Dixon walk and he was a better talent than Jones. Three other teams have given him a shot. This idea that ego outweighs winning games when putting together the roster seems a bit overblown to me. Jones is the 3rd-string QB. it's not like he's going to see a lot of playing time even if he makes the roster.
    Dixon tore his meniscus prior to being let go so not sure that's a true comparision. And Dixon was 3rd string when he saw real game time. Small chance but a chance none the less.

As for for my ego comment, Jones is beyond awful and not one of the best 53. This "we always keep 3 QBs" crap is ridiculous. The only conceivable reason for him making the team is because someone refuses to admit they wasted a 4 the rounder on a guy who is incompetent.

I find myself wondering how Landry Jones did as well as he did at Oklahoma. Any insights?
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Let's hope that the Browns keep Rex Grossman as their #3 and cut Shaw then snatch him up before he ends up on their practice squad. The kid is solid, plus the Steelers could pick his brain prior to the opening game.
    Here ya go:

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2014/08/30...veland-browns/

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I find myself wondering how Landry Jones did as well as he did at Oklahoma. Any insights?
    He stated himself that he has had trouble getting used to the speed of the NFL game. The guy has a good arm, can make all the throws. But, it takes vision and confidence...and I suspect he is lacking in both those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He stated himself that he has had trouble getting used to the speed of the NFL game. The guy has a good arm, can make all the throws. But, it takes vision and confidence...and I suspect he is lacking in both those areas.
    it seems to me that Landry Jones lacks the mental quickness to play QB at the NFL level...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it seems to me that Landry Jones lacks the mental quickness to play QB at the NFL level...
    I think that's accurate. Mental quickness and toughness.

The Big 12 is a league that doesn't play a lot of defense. Guys like Jones,McCoy and Weeden put up good stats,but when they came into the NFL where the faced tough D's they struggled.

Legend
    Its the system. White, Bradford, Jones... all put up big numbers. Travis Knight put up 348 yards vs Alabama last year. The problem with Landry Jones and most of those other QB's is their lack of big wins when it mattered the most.

Landry Jones had huge numbers but anytime a game was close in the 4th qtr he choked the game away. Strip sacks and pick 6's in crunch time. When he is relaxed he looks good but once he feels pressure, he panicks...