Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Should Have Waited Until 2014 to Draft Developmental QB

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    That's what I was wondering too Vader. I was somewhat interested in the article until the "Extreme" comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I have to agree...both are complete junk.
    After watching Grad and Jones last night I'd be content with cutting both of them and signing Batch and Leftwich again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    After watching Grad and Jones last night I'd be content with cutting both of them and signing Batch and Leftwich again.
    Hard to argue this statement, I think Josh Freeman is available as well. I hope they give the other kid a chance to see what he can do, I don't think he's taken a snap yet.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Hard to argue this statement, I think Josh Freeman is available as well. I hope they give the other kid a chance to see what he can do, I don't think he's taken a snap yet.

Pappy
    Did you watch Josh Freeman play last year? There is a reason he is 26, and on the streets right now.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Did you watch Josh Freeman play last year? There is a reason he is 26, and on the streets right now.
    With TB I agree, but at Minnesota, he was brought in the middle of the season, did not know the playbook, did not have chemistry with the receivers, I guess people are being too harsh on him.
    He started 4 years at Tamba and that must mean something.

Rookie
    About Tebow, despite believing he has the capabilities to be a backup QB, I think the media blabbering around him would be unnecessary distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Worse than Grad and Jones?

Pappy

2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB

Pro Bowler
    They should cut Jones today. He's wasting space. When you are not even a viable 3rd stringer, it's time to move on with your life's work. Beyond terrible.

By Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Good morning,

Some stuff from Saturday night’s game:

--- Landry Jones continues to have problems playing the quarterback position. He is “sacked” often in practice because he does not find an open receiver. He was sacked Saturday night, but more irritating to his coaches has to be his fumble on the play. He also threw an interception over the middle into double coverage on his first pass. His coaches had to want to see him more than five passes worth but perhaps saw enough and replaced him with Bruce Gradkowski in the third quarter.

--- This is not likely to happen, but with all the hand-wringing over picking the final 53-man roster, the Steelers could save a spot by going with two quarterbacks and putting Landry Jones on their practice squad. They would risk losing Jones by exposing him to waivers if they did so, but really, would anyone else sign him to their 53-man roster at this point? And, if so, oh well, rookie Brendon Kay can be No. 3 on the practice squad.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...s/201408170003

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    By Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Good morning,

Some stuff from Saturday night’s game:

--- Landry Jones continues to have problems playing the quarterback position. He is “sacked” often in practice because he does not find an open receiver. He was sacked Saturday night, but more irritating to his coaches has to be his fumble on the play. He also threw an interception over the middle into double coverage on his first pass. His coaches had to want to see him more than five passes worth but perhaps saw enough and replaced him with Bruce Gradkowski in the third quarter.

--- This is not likely to happen, but with all the hand-wringing over picking the final 53-man roster, the Steelers could save a spot by going with two quarterbacks and putting Landry Jones on their practice squad. They would risk losing Jones by exposing him to waivers if they did so, but really, would anyone else sign him to their 53-man roster at this point? And, if so, oh well, rookie Brendon Kay can be No. 3 on the practice squad.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...s/201408170003
    If the Steelers put Jones on the PS, then if a team takes him they have to make one of their 53, I believe. I just don't see that happening. You would have to be in dire straits to take Jones off of our PS and put him on your 53 man roster.

Pappy

2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB

Sounds as if we may not even need to waste a P.S. spot for him

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.