Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dream Draft..( Maybe Nightmare )...with trades!!

Backup

User Info Menu

My Dream Draft..( Maybe Nightmare )...with trades!!

Hello fans. Okay, so I know I am probably living on " Fantasy Island " with this dream draft. But here it goes.

First, I hope Houston goes with Clowney, and not a QB at 1. I also hope the Browns don't go QB, and go with whoever, maybe Watkins. Okay, from there, The Steelers trade their 15th & 46 picks to the Browns for their picks at 26-35-71..That way the Browns can grab the best QB that has dropped to 15...and I think a few will drop.

Then, at 26...my FANTASY is that a remaining QB is there at 26, and we trade pick 26 to Houston for their picks at 33-101 (4th )..and 177 ( 6th )...and Houston can get whatever QB is there, and not have to worry IF that QB is taken before their pick at 33. Okay, so that would give the Steelers picks at....

33 (2nd )
    35 (2nd )
    71 (3rd )
    97 (3rd)
    101 (4th)
    118 (4th)
    157 (5th)
    173 (5th)
    177 (6th)
    192 (6th)
    215 (6th)
    230 (7th)

That's now 12 picks to refill our roster people. Now, on to my selection....( Yikes )

33) Cody Latimer-WR, Indiana...I Love Matthews...but I have a feeling that THIS is the WR on the Steelers Radar.

35) Scott Crichton-DE, Oregon State...I feel he is the DE the Steelers like. Has room for growth, like Aaron Smith.

71) Pierre Desir-CB, Lindenwood. Yes the small school wonder gives us some depth, and we can groom him til Ike leaves/

97) Jackson Jeffcoat-DE/OLB, Texas. Steelers interviewed him twice, and he has the ability to be a 3-4 OLB...Has a nice pedigree as well.

101) Dion Bailey-FS, USC. A good underclassmen with an aggressive skill set to groom.

11 Charles Sims-RB, West Virginia. Steelers need depth at RB. And Sims is a outstanding receiver out of the backfield. I would love this guy here on our team.

157) Brandon Coleman-WR, Rutgers. Yes, another WR. Coleman may not be Cat quick, but at over 6ft, 6, he makes a interesting endzone target. He had a total at Rutgers of 94 catches for over 1,800 yards ( 19.3YPC ) and 20 TD's.

173) Max Bullough-ILB, Michigan State. A guy who a lot of us here thinks the Steelers will target. And I agree. He just looks like a Steeler, doesn't he ?

177) Zack Kerr-NT, Delaware. A 327Lb Bulldog. Great power to man the NT spot. Good developmental player.

192) Matt Patchan-OT, Boston College. This guy actually has some very nice tools. Could be a " Sleeper ".

215) Blake Annen-TE, Cincinnati. A " Freak " Athlete. Great speed. Room to grow. More a H-Back TE. But has good strength to assist in Run Blocking.

230) Shaquille Richardson-CB, Arizona. A nice sized CB with good Athleticism. Steelers brought him in for a Interview and workout. I can see them using a late pick on him.

Anyways fans, that is MY....Dream..( Or Nightmare on Elm Street )..draft. Depending on which way you guys look at it. I kn ow it will likely NOT happen...as it goes to my two " Fantasy trade down ideas "...But hey, at least I took a shot at it, right ? Don't dog me out too badly guys.

Thanks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post

35) Scott Crichton-DE, Oregon State...I feel he is the DE the Steelers like. Has room for growth, like Aaron Smith.
    I read on Steelers Depot that the Steelers view Crichton as a 3-4 OLB convert...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I read on Steelers Depot that the Steelers view Crichton as a 3-4 OLB convert...

I think that would be a mistake. He has no real OLB ability. And would have to lose at least 25 Lbs, and learn the position. No, if the Steelers were looking for another DE/OLB type...Like Jeffcoat I selected in round 3...only earlier, I would say they would go with someone like " Demarcus Lawrence " of Boise State.....which they very might do. But Crichton...I think he is more of a Aaron Smith type of prospect.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not a big fan of anyone on this mock except Kerr and Shaq Richardson. I would be very disappointed in this draft.

But that's fine, no one likes my mock either. Hardly anyone on my list has visited the Steelers.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

2 trades? This definitely is a nightmare draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Not a big fan of anyone on this mock except Kerr and Shaq Richardson. I would be very disappointed in this draft.

But that's fine, no one likes my mock either. Hardly anyone on my list has visited the Steelers.

I like your mock a lot and would be very happy with it...

and 3 of your players visited the Steelers: Philip Gaines, Ross Cockrell and Quincy Enunwa.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I like your mock a lot and would be very happy with it...

and 3 of your players visited the Steelers: Philip Gaines, Ross Cockrell and Quincy Enunwa.

There are 4 on my draft that visited the Steelers as well. But this is not as much as what I would like, more what I feel the Steelers will look to fill. If I did a Mock with no trades at all...it would look much different.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would hope Crichton would be a defensive end. I would honestly draft him to be on the opposite side of Heyward.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe DENNARD is a slam dunk at #15.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I believe DENNARD is a slam dunk at #15.

I like Dennard. And I definitely like him over Gilbert, who is ranked by some as better then Dennard. But are you saying it's a slam dunk that the steelers are selecting him cause you are certain he will be there ? Or are you saying he will be taken IF he is there at 15 ?

Cause I still feel that the Lions will take the Home State guy with their selection. God knows they need Immediate DB help.