Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This may be the greatest week of my life!!!

Congrats!! That is epic! Have the most amazing time ever, and take a lot of pics. Give the cold shoulder to Goodell as often as you can, particularly at the podium. And, be sure to bring your Terrible Towel.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Wow .......... I mean WOW!!!!!!!! Have a great time.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Congrats and I'm looking forward to your updates.

That is awesome! Congratulations, and have fun! How will we know its you on the TV screen if you get to walk up and announce a pick? You should wear something with planetsteelers.com on it...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

SHOW OFF!!!!

Only kidding, that is awesome. As you go up, do something to give us a sign...rub your nose or something. That will be a message to say "This is awesome, I'm having the time of my life, and Goodell is an ass."

Enjoy every second of it, it is a once in a lifetime experience!

Pro Bowler
    Thanks guys! I'll try to come up with something clever for the TV if it looks like I'll be on. I'll certainly have a Steelers Jersey. I've actually met Goodell a few times so maybe he will remember me. As for our draft picks - I'm pretty sure if anyone from the Steelers asks me my thoughts on a potential selection, my reply will likely be:

can he play center???

Sir, I am really happy for you. But, can I give you some advice ? I don't know if you have any children, and I am sure your wife is a great Ole Gal.....but, maybe you should say as your thread title....This is maybe the greatest SPORTS related week of my life ???

I mean you don't wanna potentially P-Off your wife, and suggest that this upcoming week is anywhere NEAR as Great as say the BIRTH of your Children...or the Day She said Yes to your marriage perpossal

But I understand your giddiness., And I am SURE you don't put this honor above marrying your wife, or your children sir. I am certainly envious of you, and wish you the greatest of time there. Maybe if you see " Spike Lee " there....you can smack him right upside his Ignorant " Jets fan " Head!!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Sir, I am really happy for you. But, can I give you some advice ? I don't know if you have any children, and I am sure your wife is a great Ole Gal.....but, maybe you should say as your thread title....This is maybe the greatest SPORTS related week of my life ???

I mean you don't wanna potentially P-Off your wife, and suggest that this upcoming week is anywhere NEAR as Great as say the BIRTH of your Children...or the Day She said Yes to your marriage perpossal

But I understand your giddiness., And I am SURE you don't put this honor above marrying your wife, or your children sir. I am certainly envious of you, and wish you the greatest of time there. Maybe if you see " Spike Lee " there....you can smack him right upside his Ignorant " Jets fan " Head!!
    Ha! my wife is just a big a fan as me, goes to all the games - and when the steelers called me and I told her she said: "that is going to be the greatest week of your life!"

so with regards to mrs. starlifter - I'm all set. Besides, in addition to the draft she's going shopping on 5th ave, we have great dinner reservations and tix to the late show.

as for the kids, they won't cross me - both of them want first dibs on the season tix when i'm gone........

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Ha! my wife is just a big a fan as me, goes to all the games - and when the steelers called me and I told her she said: "that is going to be the greatest week of your life!"

so with regards to mrs. starlifter - I'm all set. Besides, in addition to the draft she's going shopping on 5th ave, we have great dinner reservations and tix to the late show.

as for the kids, they won't cross me - both of them want first dibs on the season tix when i'm gone........

Well then, I may be new here, but, I think I can safely say that you have the BEST Woman on the face of this earth!! ......My Congrats sir. Please, do us the Honor of sending us a few messages from down there...Okay ?

Thanks sir, and you, and your sweet Steeler wife have a Great time.....Be safe!

Pro Bowler
    Congrats bro