Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With the draft starting less than a week from now, make your 1 bold draft prediction

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    If that were to happen, it would have to be for BOTH the Jets 4th rounders at 84 & 115. The 15th pick has a trade point value of 1050. The 18th pick is valued at 900 points. Both Jet 4th rounders at 84 & 115 combine for a point value of 150....that would be an exact match as it goes to point value. But for a single 4th...not enough to move from 18 to 15.
    Ok then two 4th round picks...That chart is not used 100% of the time. But I will take the extra 4th rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    True, but in round 3 or 4, they'd get a NT like Justin Ellis from Louisiana Tech, who would be the two-down NT that seems to be undervalued in today's NFL. The rare NT prospect who could potentially contribute as a 3 down player retains value. If you think Nix could potentially be that guy, you go get him. If not, then you wait.
    Casey Hampton was a 2 down NT and a pro bowler, so I don't see a problem with that. However you can get the kid from Wisconsin in the 7th so why waste it.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

I think my BOLD Draft prediction is also a " Trade "...but a trade down. I say at 15, IF a player that the 49ers really want, I say the Steelers trade 15, for SF pick at 30, and get their 2nd at 56, and their 3rd rounder at 94. Then at 30, the Steelers will take either CB, Kyle Fuller, or Ohio State's " Bradley Roby "...who might last that far due to his recent DUI.

That's my BOLD prediction.
    I hope that is the case, but I (unfortunately) think San Fran will swap with Baltimore due to the brother connection. They have done it recently in the past IIRC.

Couple predictions..

I think Houston trades their 2nd rounder with San Diego to jump in front of Cleveland to select the QB of their liking.

Only one QB goes in the top 15.

Mosely falls to New England or Denver.

But my bold prediction is the Steelers trade back with Cleveland so the Browns can get their QB before Dallas. If this happens, then the Houston trade is scratched obviously. Pretty bold on Clev.'s part trading with a conference rival.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Bold: steelers trade pouncey for a 2nd and a 3rd round picks.

Pro Bowler
    My bold prediction is the steelers use more than 1 minute of their time allotment before running to the podium to turn in their pick thus allowing us fans to see what all the talking heads think of our team, get some tv time and which players are possible. This also allows the team to entertain trade offers.

NOW THATS A BOLD PREDICTION
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Banned
    Another BOLD prediction.....I end up eating my current weight in Bad Pizza and Bffalo Wings!

Can you get much bolder than this?

With the 15th pick in the NFL draft - Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Can you get much bolder than this?

With the 15th pick in the NFL draft - Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    It's BOLD, but wrong which is also BOLD
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    My bold prediction is that we make a trade in the fist round with the NY Jets moving down to 18 for a 4th round pick. We select CJ Mosely or Fuller.
    That prediction is both bold and reasonable. It puts the Jets in front of the Ravens, and both teams have similar needs. The Ravens are also known to deal with the 49ers, so it gives the Jets their pick of WR in case San Fran tries to move up.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Another BOLD prediction.....I end up eating my current weight in Bad Pizza and Bffalo Wings!
    I prefer good pizza, but that's just me.