Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: With the draft starting less than a week from now, make your 1 bold draft prediction

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

With the draft starting less than a week from now, make your 1 bold draft prediction

I know I like Mike Evans, and I think the Steelers like Mike Evans too, but the team will not be trading up in the first round, because it would require sacrificing a second round pick in a stacked, deep draft and I don't think Colbert would be willing to make such a move.

(In my best Stephen A. Smith voice)...HOWEVER...

I do think that the Steelers could possibly trade up in the second round. We started out draft season with Louis Nix as a big topic of conversation, but his draft stock seems to be falling (not because he's a bad player or anything, but because its a strong draft class overall with something like 90-100 underclassmen declaring and because pure NT's seem be devalued these days). Many project that he will fall out of the first round entirely (he has yet to be taken in our board mock, and we are 3 picks in round 2 already), and I don't know that the Steelers would take the chance that he would fall all the way to #46 (even if Kiper predicts that could happen)...they could do something to make sure that it happened (remember, they did trade up in the 4th round when they thought Ta'Amu was their guy). I think if Nix is still available after they first 5 picks in round 2 come off the board, Colbert makes a move to get his guy.

Tampa has the 6th pick in round 2 (38th overall). They are a rebuilding team with only 6 draft picks overall (missing their 4th round selection). We have 9 picks overall and could afford to give them a 4th round pick back again. Their 38th pick is worth 520 points on the chart, and our 2nd and 4th rounders are worth 498 combined...they might be willing to overlook that slight discrepancy to get back to 7 overall draft picks again...one in each round.

My bold prediction for this draft is that we trade 2.46 and 4.118 to Tampa for 2.38 to take Louis Nix III.

Banned
    I think my BOLD Draft prediction is also a " Trade "...but a trade down. I say at 15, IF a player that the 49ers really want, I say the Steelers trade 15, for SF pick at 30, and get their 2nd at 56, and their 3rd rounder at 94. Then at 30, the Steelers will take either CB, Kyle Fuller, or Ohio State's " Bradley Roby "...who might last that far due to his recent DUI.

That's my BOLD prediction.

Legend
    My BOLD PREDICTION: Steelers select Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State in Round 1
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I know I like Mike Evans, and I think the Steelers like Mike Evans too, but the team will not be trading up in the first round, because it would require sacrificing a second round pick in a stacked, deep draft and I don't think Colbert would be willing to make such a move.

(In my best Stephen A. Smith voice)...HOWEVER...

I do think that the Steelers could possibly trade up in the second round. We started out draft season with Louis Nix as a big topic of conversation, but his draft stock seems to be falling (not because he's a bad player or anything, but because its a strong draft class overall with something like 90-100 underclassmen declaring and because pure NT's seem be devalued these days). Many project that he will fall out of the first round entirely (he has yet to be taken in our board mock, and we are 3 picks in round 2 already), and I don't know that the Steelers would take the chance that he would fall all the way to #46 (even if Kiper predicts that could happen)...they could do something to make sure that it happened (remember, they did trade up in the 4th round when they thought Ta'Amu was their guy). I think if Nix is still available after they first 5 picks in round 2 come off the board, Colbert makes a move to get his guy.

Tampa has the 6th pick in round 2 (38th overall). They are a rebuilding team with only 6 draft picks overall (missing their 4th round selection). We have 9 picks overall and could afford to give them a 4th round pick back again. Their 38th pick is worth 520 points on the chart, and our 2nd and 4th rounders are worth 498 combined...they might be willing to overlook that slight discrepancy to get back to 7 overall draft picks again...one in each round.

My bold prediction for this draft is that we trade 2.46 and 4.118 to Tampa for 2.38 to take Louis Nix III.
    I would arther see us trade down and get picks versus giving them away. Could get a NT in Round 3 or 4 without losing another pick.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    My BOLD PREDICTION: Steelers select Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State in Round 1

They might. But I hope not. I like him, but he always seems to be dinged up, and misses some games. And, in our system, the ILB has so much to learn, that usually it takes at least a year to learn. And I doubt we waste a 1st on someone who won't Immediately play. But hey, the Steelers definitely have a history with OSU players. And the kids play this past year definitely puts him in round 1 area. But at 15...too high for him, and he is a huge Injury risk.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would arther see us trade down and get picks versus giving them away. Could get a NT in Round 3 or 4 without losing another pick.
    True, but in round 3 or 4, they'd get a NT like Justin Ellis from Louisiana Tech, who would be the two-down NT that seems to be undervalued in today's NFL. The rare NT prospect who could potentially contribute as a 3 down player retains value. If you think Nix could potentially be that guy, you go get him. If not, then you wait.

Steelers 1st three picks are
    Fuller
    Moncrief
    Critchton

My bold prediction is that we make a trade in the fist round with the NY Jets moving down to 18 for a 4th round pick. We select CJ Mosely or Fuller.

Backup
    Steelers trade down with Carolina to 1:28. Carolina uses 1:15 on Taylor Lewan. PS get 1:28, 3:92 to get 4 picks in the first 2 days this year, plus Carolina's 2 next year. We use the picks on: a CB (I prefer Fuller or Verrett... Roby's inconsistent play and DUI concern me) a WR (Robinson, Moncrief, Matthews) another pass rush option at LB and a DLine - or alternately, Nix at 28 and a Ross Cockrell at 92 or 97.
    Last edited by B&GinNC; 05-02-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    My bold prediction is that we make a trade in the fist round with the NY Jets moving down to 18 for a 4th round pick. We select CJ Mosely or Fuller.

If that were to happen, it would have to be for BOTH the Jets 4th rounders at 84 & 115. The 15th pick has a trade point value of 1050. The 18th pick is valued at 900 points. Both Jet 4th rounders at 84 & 115 combine for a point value of 150....that would be an exact match as it goes to point value. But for a single 4th...not enough to move from 18 to 15.