Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biggest Mistake for the past 3 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Haley's side of the ball was on the upswing. It was Lebeau's side of the ball that has been failing more each year.
    Agreed, we are focusing on the wrong side of the ball. It's why I am a bit surprised you would advocate for a first round O pick.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Except New Orleans IS his home and he said he took less to play there.
    Yes, he took less to play there. However he was willing to stay in Pittsburgh if they had offered him a decent contract. If you had seen the interview he made that pretty clear.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agreed, we are focusing on the wrong side of the ball. It's why I am a bit surprised you would advocate for a first round O pick.
    I advocate it because a player on "O" in Round 1 would not be a 2-3 year project. I have always said the Round 1 pick should be one who contributes early, especially when we pick in the middle of Round 1.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Yes, he took less to play there. However he was willing to stay in Pittsburgh if they had offered him a decent contract. If you had seen the interview he made that pretty clear.
    I didn't get that from any interviews I read from him...

The way I understood it, he was going to see if NOLA offered him something...he wanted to go home...

I advocate it because a player on "O" in Round 1 would not be a 2-3 year project. I have always said the Round 1 pick should be one who contributes early, especially when we pick in the middle of Round 1.
    That's a terrible reason to pick or not pick someone.

Legend
    I disagree. Picking in the middle of Round 1 a player of that skill level should be able to get playing time. Other teams seem to have no issue but we make excuses because we struggle to get them playing time.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I disagree. Picking in the middle of Round 1 a player of that skill level should be able to get playing time. Other teams seem to have no issue but we make excuses because we struggle to get them playing time.
    I wouldn't expect big contributions from any rookie on either side of the ball. There are a few positions - RB, ILB and OL - where rookies seem to contribute. Otherwise, throughout the league, most guys don't really make an impact until their second year.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Agreed. Give me someone like Troy Polamalu who contributes very little as a rookie but then goes on to a Hall of Fame caliber career...all day, every day. We drafted another 1st rounder named Troy who had an immediate impact as a rookie (61 catches for 714 yards and 5 TD's) and then Mr. Edwards did jack squat after that. Immediate impact is vastly overrated. Best player over the long haul is where it's at, for sure.

with your drafting philosophy the Steelers would have never picked Troy or Timmons...