Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your dream draft...

Your dream draft...

Using reasonable scouting assessments on round...what would be your ideal draft...not what you think the Steelers are going to do.
    Please be semi-realistic.

1) CJ Mosley-ILB-He is going to be really good. You improve the secondary by improving the front 7.
    2) Louis Nix-NT-See above
    3) Jarvis Landry-WR-the next Hines Ward
    4) Caraun Reid-DE Princeton
    5) Prince Shembo-OLB Notre Dame
    5b) EJ Gaines-DB Missouri
    6) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    6b) Sentrel Henderson-LT Miami
    7) Colt Lyerla-TE Oregon

This draft would make me a very happy man...would love to see other peoples dream draft.
    Last edited by Shawn; 04-29-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Hall of Famer
    Excellent mock draft.
    cogent. Reasoned. Merits praise.
    epic and beast dude!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Using reasonable scouting assessments on round...what would be your ideal draft...not what you think the Steelers are going to do.
    Please be semi-realistic.

1) CJ Mosley-ILB-He is going to be really good. You improve the secondary by improving the front 7.
    3) Jarvis Landry-WR-the next Hines Ward
    4) Caraun Reid-DE Princeton
    5) Prince Shembo-OLB Notre Dame
    5b) EJ Gaines-DB Missouri
    6) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    6b) Sentrel Henderson-LT Miami
    7) Colt Lyerla-TE Oregon

This draft would make me a very happy man...would love to see other peoples dream draft.
    That De'Anthony Thomas is wicked fast. Just don't know if he will be one of the little backs who can take NFL pounding or one of the many whose body just can't take it. Won't know until he tries. I would love to give him a go. I would love if we got the first two picks you have, not sure if it will happen or not, but it's possible. Taking just one DB that late scares me though. Ike is in his last year, leaving us with 1 legit CB on the whole roster. Gay was serviceable last year. Not sure I agree on Landry. Many of us forget just how awesome Hines was. I would definitely not put Landry on a Ward level at this point.

I hear ya on DB, but passing on Mosley, Nix, and Landry would be tough to do. IMO, this year we are good at DB if we solidify the pass rush. If we have to sign a stop gap middle tier DB next season and draft one in the first so be it.

Legend
    For my first three "dream" picks:

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Stephon Tuitt, DE
    3. Stanley Jean Baptiste, CB
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    I hear ya on DB, but passing on Mosley, Nix, and Landry would be tough to do. IMO, this year we are good at DB if we solidify the pass rush. If we have to sign a stop gap middle tier DB next season and draft one in the first so be it.
    I see EJ mock going in the 4th, but who knows. Seems like a pure zone guy, as it looks like most think he will be toast going on man with NFL level WRs. Says he is smallish and loses fight for the ball too often. We already have guys who can do that, or we did, in C. Brown. Sounds just like him. That guy gets toast every time the opposing team goes deep. Like taking candy away from a baby.

After Ike, Lewis and Gay, who would our #4 CB be?

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    For my first three "dream" picks:

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Stephon Tuitt, DE
    3. Stanley Jean Baptiste, CB
    While I'm not completely sold on a TE who can't block your 2 and 3 are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I see EJ mock going in the 4th, but who knows. Seems like a pure zone guy, as it looks like most think he will be toast going on man with NFL level WRs. Says he is smallish and loses fight for the ball too often. We already have guys who can do that, or we did, in C. Brown. Sounds just like him. That guy gets toast every time the opposing team goes deep. Like taking candy away from a baby.

After Ike, Lewis and Gay, who would our #4 CB be?
    EJ is a zone guy built for Lebeau's scheme. He would be a dime zone guy and I think he fully capable of holding that position down...especially if it meant we got nasty in the front 7. The Giants beat the Pats up in the SB the year they went undefeated because they had a pass rush. Unless you can build a secondary as dominating as the Seahawks a secondary wont win you games nearly as often as your front 7...and that's what this Steeler team lacks.

Either that, or the first 2 in your (and my) signature... I'd be on cloud 9...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

I would very ok with that as well.