Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual PlanetSteelers Board Mock Draft (2014 commentary thread)

Legend

User Info Menu

Annual PlanetSteelers Board Mock Draft (2014 commentary thread)

Feel free trash talk each other, praise solid picks, make fun of crappy picks (within reason, of course...be respectful in your mocking of this mock draft). You can suggest trades to each other via PM, but you can make public that a certain pick is on the trade block on this thread if you'd like. Enjoy...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't want to leapfrog SoD's Houston pick, because he tried to PM me his pick early and it was my fault that my PM inbox was full. I'll wait the full hour before making my Rams #2 pick until 11:00 to give SoD an opportunity to log on in the next 45 minutes. If we don't hear from him, I think I'll just give him Clowney first before making my second pick (rather than bumping him down to the 3rd overall pick).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Falcons draft board is a mess right now, given that the picks in front of them ran for the podium at the same time, collided and lie passed out on the floor
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    The Falcons draft board is a mess right now, given that the picks in front of them ran for the podium at the same time, collided and lie passed out on the floor
    When noon hit, squidkid had the option of leapfrogging flippy, but so far no signs of either of them. Since rules stipulate that a team can be leapfrogged twice if they don't make their pick on time, an hour from now, you can go ahead and make your two picks for the Falcons and Bucs. Then I would choose for the Jags (down from #3 to #5), Browns (down from #4 to #6), and Raiders (down from #5 to #7). I suppose I'd also pick for the Vikings at #8 then, if no one has claimed them this afternoon.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't remember this thread before are you sure this is an annual thing?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    When noon hit, squidkid had the option of leapfrogging flippy, but so far no signs of either of them. Since rules stipulate that a team can be leapfrogged twice if they don't make their pick on time, an hour from now, you can go ahead and make your two picks for the Falcons and Bucs. Then I would choose for the Jags (down from #3 to #5), Browns (down from #4 to #6), and Raiders (down from #5 to #7). I suppose I'd also pick for the Vikings at #8 then, if no one has claimed them this afternoon.
    Ok. I'm a little confused though. If the Falcons at 6 picked, wouldn't they be leapfrogging 3 teams (picks 3-5), not two? Also, I don't want to step on any toes or screw up the "reality" of the mock draft.

I can help with picks tomorrow (I see there are not too many team pickup up yet). I will PM you when I get up in the morning (which depends on how late I get back from Columbus tonight - going to the Pens game!).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I don't remember this thread before are you sure this is an annual thing?
    [URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/40468-Annual-PlanetSteelers-Board-Mock-Draft-(2013-commentary-thread)?highlight=annual[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't want to leapfrog SoD's Houston pick, because he tried to PM me his pick early and it was my fault that my PM inbox was full. I'll wait the full hour before making my Rams #2 pick until 11:00 to give SoD an opportunity to log on in the next 45 minutes. If we don't hear from him, I think I'll just give him Clowney first before making my second pick (rather than bumping him down to the 3rd overall pick).
    Thanks for that, Ruthless. I was tempted to just go ahead and post it yesterday, but, thought I'd get online in time.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't in good conscience take Sammy Watkins at #7 as that would be unbelievable. Ruthless, do you want me to help you with picks 3-5.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Ok. I'm a little confused though. If the Falcons at 6 picked, wouldn't they be leapfrogging 3 teams (picks 3-5), not two? Also, I don't want to step on any toes or screw up the "reality" of the mock draft.

I can help with picks tomorrow (I see there are not too many team pickup up yet). I will PM you when I get up in the morning (which depends on how late I get back from Columbus tonight - going to the Pens game!).
    True, you would be moving up 3 spots, but each of those teams (Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Oakland) would only be leapfrogged twice, which is what the rule states. You can wait for the 3:00 hour to make your pick for Tampa if you want, just in case flippy or squidkid show up before then. But I wouldn't worry about Watkins to Tampa being unrealistic. Watkins at #4 is certainly not unrealistic, and Tampa would have the 4th pick in order for the no shows to be leapfrogged a second time.

Original order:
    1. Houston
    2. St. Louis
    3. Jacksonville
    4. Cleveland
    5. Oakland
    6. Atlanta
    7. Tampa

New Order:
    1. Houston
    2. St. Louis
    3. Atlanta
    4. Tampa
    5. Jacksonville
    6. Cleveland
    7. Oakland

I should be able to handle the JAX/CLE/OAK picks in their stead if they don't show up today, but if you want to man a few more teams tomorrow or Wednesday or Thursday, have at it! And have a great time at the game tonight. Let's finally shut the door on these pesky Blue Jackets tonight!