Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor says to watch for this WR in Steelers’ draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    BTW: My vote is use the prime time picks on D. Then go with Jarvis Landry in the 3rd and Colt Lyerla in the 7th.
    We used a 3rd round comp pick to get Hines Ward once upon a time. It would be interesting to get a very similar style of receiver in Jarvis Landry with a 3rd round comp pick as well. Doesn't have the size or the speed but is a saavy route runner who will compete for the ball and can dole out slobberknocker blocks to unsuspecting defenders.

While LSU's Odell Beckham has the measureables that make scouts drool, his LSU WR mate Landry actually caught more passes for more yards and more TD's last season (77-1193-10 vs. 59-1152-8). There is something to be said for football players who outplay what their measureables say that they should be able to do.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-28-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Landry also had the lowest drop % of the top prospects at 2.5%.
    [URL="http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/04/2014-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-drop-percentage-rates-greg-peshek/"]
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/04/2014-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-drop-percentage-rates-greg-peshek/[/URL]

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We used a 3rd round comp pick to get Hines Ward once upon a time. It would be interesting to get a very similar style of receiver in Jarvis Landry with a 3rd round comp pick as well. Doesn't have the size or the speed but is a saavy route runner who will compete for the ball and can dole out slobberknocker blocks to unsuspecting defenders.

While LSU's Odell Beckham has the measureables that make scouts drool, his LSU WR mate Landry actually caught more passes for more yards and more TD's last season (77-1193-10 vs. 59-1152-. There is something to be said for football players who outplay what their measureables say that they should be able to do.
    Of all the WRs in the draft not named Evans and Watkins, Landry is the guy that I want the Steelers to draft. Even if they draft back to back WRs, I want them to grab Landry because the guy is the real deal.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Of all the WRs in the draft not named Evans and Watkins, Landry is the guy that I want the Steelers to draft. Even if they draft back to back WRs, I want them to grab Landry because the guy is the real deal.
    If they decide to go defense early and often, then I could certainly handle Jarvis Landry in the 3rd or 4th and then Jeff Janis in the 6th or 7th.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Janis and Landry? Dream situation with the infamous Lyerla in the 7th would make this an ideal draft for me.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

46. Pittsburgh Steelers - Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson

Post-combine flyer. The 6-foot-3 target ran 4.42 40-time and posted 39-inch vertical. Seven scores and 19.7 ypc for Tigers last season.

Big Ben wants a big target.

USA TODAY Sports

[URL]http://www.csnwashington.com/media_gallery/2014-nfl-mock-draft-110#slide-46[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish I could remember his name (that's how ho hum his career was) but there was a Buckeye that came out around the Teddy Ginn era...underproducer but was like 6 foot 4 4.4 guy. He blew up the combine. I don't think he ever played a down in the NFL. I'm not a huge fan of Bryant. He looks so awkward catching the ball.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I wish I could remember his name (that's how ho hum his career was) but there was a Buckeye that came out around the Teddy Ginn era...underproducer but was like 6 foot 4 4.4 guy. He blew up the combine. I don't think he ever played a down in the NFL.
    I believe you are referring to Roy Hall...he was 6'2" and did play in four games before injuries derailed his career...he was put on IR his rookie year and ended up being waived/injured by a few other teams...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I believe you are referring to Roy Hall...he was 6'2" and did play in four games before injuries derailed his career...he was put on IR his rookie year and ended up being waived/injured by a few other teams...
    I stand corrected...yes that is the guy.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Reminds me more of a Justin Hunter type. Difference is Hunter was more of the feature at TN with Patterson being the gadget guy. At Clemson, Watkins was the feature which was a large part of bubble screens & Bryant was the downfield counter. Not really 100% sold on him as a Top 50 player.