Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kiper on CB Dennard: 'He's a Steeler'

Hall of Famer
    If one of Evans, Gilbert, Dennard are still on the board at #15...They will be the pick. I don't think it is a matter of "If" they would pick them...I think it is a matter of "IF" they will be there. That's the best scenario the Steelers could hope for. BPA at a "want" position. I think all 3 are "pure" Top 20 talent so #15 for any meets value.

The matter of "IF" one will be there imo hinges on the QB run or lack there of. So when the Texans, Rams, Jags, Browns, Raiders, Bucs, Vikings, & Titans all get on the clock....Keep hoping for a QB.

Here's what I'm watching for if there isn't a run on QBs. Wonder what you guys think too. This Would pi$$ of BA. Evans, Gilbert, Dennard gone. Say the Browns go Watkins at #4. One of Bortles, Manziel, or Bridgewater fall to #15. The Browns are going to have to leap frog Arizona @ #20 to get the faller. If the Browns pick up the phone & offer (1) 26, 3(71), & 3(83) for Steelers#15...Do you move back? Allot of the visits are guys in that range. They go Fuller, Benjamin, Shazier, or Hageman @ #26. Now they have a 2nd, & (3) 3rds. 5 picks in Top 100. To me...That's a trade you make. With the depth in this draft...That may be as good as saying 5 picks in the Top 50. You fill in the blanks with those 5 picks in the Top 100. I don't think anyone in here wouldn't like a combination the next guy came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If one of Evans, Gilbert, Dennard are still on the board at #15...They will be the pick. I don't think it is a matter of "If" they would pick them...I think it is a matter of "IF" they will be there. That's the best scenario the Steelers could hope for. BPA at a "want" position. I think all 3 are "pure" Top 20 talent so #15 for any meets value.

The matter of "IF" one will be there imo hinges on the QB run or lack there of. So when the Texans, Rams, Jags, Browns, Raiders, Bucs, Vikings, & Titans all get on the clock....Keep hoping for a QB.

Here's what I'm watching for if there isn't a run on QBs. Wonder what you guys think too. This Would pi$$ of BA. Evans, Gilbert, Dennard gone. Say the Browns go Watkins at #4. One of Bortles, Manziel, or Bridgewater fall to #15. The Browns are going to have to leap frog Arizona @ #20 to get the faller. If the Browns pick up the phone & offer (1) 26, 3(71), & 3(83) for Steelers#15...Do you move back? Allot of the visits are guys in that range. They go Fuller, Benjamin, Shazier, or Hageman @ #26. Now they have a 2nd, & (3) 3rds. 5 picks in Top 100. To me...That's a trade you make. With the depth in this draft...That may be as good as saying 5 picks in the Top 50. You fill in the blanks with those 5 picks in the Top 100. I don't think anyone in here wouldn't like a combination the next guy came up with.
    I would take that if I was Colbert. I'd like it, but not love it. What I'd really like would be a trade where you move back in the first and pick up an extra first rounder in 2015. The Browns moved up 14 spots to get back into the first and grab Brady Quinn a few years ago. The price was their subsequent first round pick.

Here, they are only moving up 11 spots, but they are moving higher in the draft. There is less of an immediate return on investment with this move, but the extra first rounder in 2015 could really help the Steelers begin retooling.

I think there is a strong possibility that Gilbert, Evans and Dennard are all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think there is a strong possibility that Gilbert, Evans and Dennard are all gone.
    dreading that situation
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    dreading that situation
    I'm ok with it if CJ Mosley is on the board...I think he may be the best of that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Evans will be gone, but I think either Dennard or Gilbert will still be there...

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

I would definitely ask for 1st Round Pick (#26 Overall from IND) ,2nd Round Pick (#35 Overall) and 5th Round Pick (#145 Overall). I kind want both scenerios to work out this way for the Steelers (IF there is a run at QBs..a bit of good players will drop to them, IF there isn't a run...the Steelers can use that to their advantage and try to get most out of the trade). With the 26th pick, I'd would draft Kyle Fuller.

Round 1 (26th): Kyle Fuller, CB; Virginia Tech
    Round 2a (35th): Cody Latimer, WR; Indiana
    Round 2b (46th): Stephen Tuitt, DE; Notre Dame
    Round 3 (97th): Pierre Desir, CB; Lindenwood
    Last edited by Rara; 04-28-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    Rara's very early 2015 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1- Jalen Collins, CB; LSU
    Round 2- Eric Lefeld, OT; Cincinatti
    Round 3- Tyler Kroft, TE; Rutgers
    Round 4- Geneo Grissom, OLB; Oklahoma
    Round 5- Jonathon Mincy, CB; Auburn
    Round 6- Jamil Douglas, OG; Arizona State
    Round 7- Spencer Roth, P; Baylor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Evans will be gone, but I think either Dennard or Gilbert will still be there...
    Everything I've heard/read says Gilbert is a long-shot to be there at 15. I'm thinking Decastro-like long-shot. OTOH, I'm hearing Dennard's star is falling. I would be happy with Dennard. I would be more happy with Gilbert (I think).

J-P-N mentioned four names later on: Fuller, Benjamin, Shazier, or Hageman. NONE of those names at 26 really appeal to me. Especially Hageman.

The guys I would want at 26 would be Fuller or Shazier.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Everything I've heard/read says Gilbert is a long-shot to be there at 15. I'm thinking Decastro-like long-shot. OTOH, I'm hearing Dennard's star is falling. I would be happy with Dennard. I would be more happy with Gilbert (I think).

J-P-N mentioned four names later on: Fuller, Benjamin, Shazier, or Hageman. NONE of those names at 26 really appeal to me. Especially Hageman.
    Just names that fit the "wants" who grade out in the late 1st. Don't even know if Fuller Shazier last that long. Who appeals to you at #26?