The latest 5 round mock draft at Walterfootball has us taking:

1. TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
    2. DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
    3c. WR Donte Moncrief, Mississippi
    4. CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida
    5. ILB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut
    5c. OG Anthony Steen, Alabama

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php[/URL]

A couple of new weapons for Ben. All 3 levels of the defense address. OL depth. Discuss.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OL Depth not needed and probably will not be addressed. We need a CB before round 4 imo. Round 2
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    OL Depth not needed and probably will not be addressed. We need a CB before round 4 imo. Round 2
    How can you say OL depth isn't a need? Pouncey and Gilbert are FA after the season. Nobody knows if Beechum can handle LT long term. It took both Adams and Gilbert to hold down ONE spot at RT. There is no depth at LT or either guard positions. Also the Steelers are obviously looking at OL even in the 1st round because they've met with Lewan, Shaun Sarrett put Robinson through his pro-day, and they were at Matthew's pro-day.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    How can you say OL depth isn't a need? Pouncey and Gilbert are FA after the season. Nobody knows if Beechum can handle LT long term. It took both Adams and Gilbert to hold down ONE spot at RT. There is no depth at LT or either guard positions. Also the Steelers are obviously looking at OL even in the 1st round because they've met with Lewan, Shaun Sarrett put Robinson through his pro-day, and they were at Matthew's pro-day.
    There is depth at the OG positions...Whimper and Wallace...

There are three OTs with experience on the roster...

Now, would a late round player help? If you found another Beachum, then sure...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    There is depth at the OG positions...Whimper and Wallace...

There are three OTs with experience on the roster...

Now, would a late round player help? If you found another Beachum, then sure...
    Bodies don't always mean depth. Whimper was rated one of the worst OL in the league not long ago. He is also a FA after the season... not that anybody would sign him. Also Wallace is another journeyman who has proven nothing and is on his 4th team. Pouncey and Gilbert are both FAs at the end of the season. And again Gilbert and Adams both have to play RT cause they both suck. Then add to that, Pouncey has been hurt every year.

Not sure why everyone is ok with having bad players and soon to be FAs all over the OL but are beside themselves because Ike "may" retire next year so the team "needs" Cbs. There isn't a real LT on the team, nobody knows if Pouncey can come back after yet another injury, and nobody knows if they will re-sign Gilbert, Pouncey or Whimper next year.

And again, the Steelers had dinner with Lewan, were at Robinson's and Matthew's pro-day. So obviously they don't agree that the OL is set.

Legend

User Info Menu

we definitely need to draft a better CB than Purifoy...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Exactly my thoughts: We need a CB taken earlier than this one. I don't know that Tuit will be there at 2:15 either. We can live without a first round TE with what we have. I hear Ebron can't block little old ladies.

Legend

User Info Menu

Solid 1-4. I would be ok with that.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be upset if they left Dennard or Fuller to take Ebron.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I'd be upset if they left Dennard or Fuller to take Ebron.
    me too....