Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The latest 5 round mock draft at Walterfootball has us taking:

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I would probably puke in my seat if the draft played out this way. Tuitt in round 2 would be the only saving grace. All the rest I would stay far away from. Moncrief has the measurable but not the hands. Just like Ebron.

It's late December in Baltimore and the game is on the line. Do you want BB throwing to the inconsistent hands of Ebron or Moncrief?? We were all upset Sanders dropped the ball in Baltimore now we want to draft two more "high ceiling" guys. Their number one job descriptions state "catch the ball thrown to you". They were not very good at said description.
    I'd prefer bb throwing to a player who could actually make it onto the field versus having a player who will be consigned to watching the action from the sidelines for the season
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'd prefer bb throwing to a player who could actually make it onto the field versus having a player who will be consigned to watching the action from the sidelines for the season
    It's no given that Ebron would make an impact in his first year. He's a subpar blocker, which will make it difficult for him to see time. Additionally, there are very few rookie WRs or TEs that make an early impact. Tyler Eifer had two TDs last year - and one was a blown coverage by Vince Williams. Plaxico did nothing as a rookie.

Rookies, at any position with the exception of RB, rarely step in as big contributors in their first year.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    It's no given that Ebron would make an impact in his first year. He's a subpar blocker, which will make it difficult for him to see time. Additionally, there are very few rookie WRs or TEs that make an early impact. Tyler Eifer had two TDs last year - and one was a blown coverage by Vince Williams. Plaxico did nothing as a rookie.

Rookies, at any position with the exception of RB, rarely step in as big contributors in their first year.
    Plax did nothing?? He made a nice catch over the middle, rolled down, stood up, and spiked the ball without being touched down. That was a spectacular turnover! If Plax did nothing, why do we remember that so well??

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I hear ya, I like to see the rookies contribute as well. But if we go pass catcher in the first, I would hope they pick someone who has very reliable hands. I think I was venting from the Pens loss last night, lol. Moncrief has shown to have good hands, didn't mean to lump him in the conversation.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    1. TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
    2. DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
    3c. WR Donte Moncrief, Mississippi
    4. CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida
    5. ILB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut
    5c. OG Anthony Steen, Alabama

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

A couple of new weapons for Ben. All 3 levels of the defense address. OL depth. Discuss.
    Make it Dennard instead of Ebron, at which point, you could lose Purifoy for some other position, and suddnely, it's solid
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Pro Bowler
    Purifoy might not even get drafted

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Make it Dennard instead of Ebron, at which point, you could lose Purifoy for some other position, and suddnely, it's solid
    Dennard-Tuitt-Moncrief-Skov. All 3 levels of defense addressed and a weapon for Ben too. Yeah, buddy.

Legend

You don't draft Ebron to be a third tackle. You draft Ebron to create match up challenges for the defense by splitting him out or putting him in motion forcing a LB or safety to try to cover him. He is too fast for a LB and too big for a safety. By pulling a LB or Safety out of position, you also open up space for the running game or a RB getting a short pass.

It's not 1975 where a TEs first responsibility is to block. Ebron will get better at blocking but you can draft Lewan if you just want more blocking.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Here's the draft profile from NFL.com for Ebron:

Lacks ideal bulk. Can improve as a blocker, both in-line and on the move -- could stand to improve technique, physicality and finish. Not equipped to lock horns with NFL defensive ends. Inconsistent adjusting to and fitting on moving targets. Could stand to play with more consistent intensity and focus. Makes the occasional concentration drop. Ordinary touchdown production. Can be loud, boisterous and overly egotistical, which will rub some people the wrong way.

Legend

must.gush.over.highest.rated.TE.