Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The latest 5 round mock draft at Walterfootball has us taking:

I really don't think the Steelers go O in the first...it would surprise me quite a bit. The D needs help, and the WR class is deep. The running back situation is now solid, the OL has all the material Munchak needs, and we have no idea how good Wheaton will be. Right now the O is almost set. D? Yeah, the Steelers need a NT, DE, ILB and 2 DBs in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Right now the O is almost set. D? Yeah, the Steelers need a NT, DE, ILB and 2 DBs in a bad way.
    you can add OLB to that list, Worilds can be an UFA again after this season if he doesn't sign a long-term contract while JJ is still unproven. and if either of them get injured we have only Chris Carter and Arthur Moats as backups.

we badly need a speed rusher off the edge that can get to the QB...

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    I'm really warming to Dominique Easley.... the FO was at the Pro Day in numbers...as they usually are...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

I really don't think the Steelers go O in the first...it would surprise me quite a bit. The D needs help, and the WR class is deep. The running back situation is now solid, the OL has all the material Munchak needs, and we have no idea how good Wheaton will be. Right now the O is almost set. D? Yeah, the Steelers need a NT, DE, ILB and 2 DBs in a bad way.
    Shawn, there are four offensive players who I would be willing to draft in the first, and I don't see any of them being there:

OTs - Matthews and Robinson
    WRs - Watkins and Evans

Beyond that, I believe that they go D, and will be interested to see what they do if both Gilbert and Dennard are off the board. Would they go Roby or Fuller, or do they look DL or LB? The one player who suddenly looks to be falling is Barr. Could he fall to 15, and if so, do the Steelers take him?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you can add OLB to that list, Worilds can be an UFA again after this season if he doesn't sign a long-term contract while JJ is still unproven. and if either of them get injured we have only Chris Carter and Arthur Moats as backups.

we badly need a speed rusher off the edge that can get to the QB...
    I responded to Shawn before I saw this. Agree WRT OLB. People seem to be talking as if it is not a priority, but I would not be surprised to see them go with Barr if he falls, or someone else earlier than you'd think.

I really don't see how anyone could think Munchak has all the material he needs when 2 of the 5 starters will be FA after the season, it takes 2 guys to play RT and the LT is unknown with no depth. Almost no rookies start with the Steelers so the draft isn't just about this year. Does anybody really think a rookie WR or CB is going to come in and start? Yes, they need a replacement for Ike but they also need a real RT, LT, and real depth in case someone gets injured which happens every year.

I have no issue with them taking a CB or WR in the first if they are the BPA. But the idea that OL isn't a real need now and in the future is very short sighted.

Starter
    With who was available I would go

1. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
    2. Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame
    3. Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
    4. Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    5. Ross Cockrell, CB, Duke
    5. Shaquil Barrett, OLB, Colorado State

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    With who was available I would go

1. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
    2. Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame
    3. Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
    4. Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    5. Ross Cockrell, CB, Duke
    5. Shaquil Barrett, OLB, Colorado State
    mine would go:

1. Darqueze Dennard CB Mich St
    2. Stephon Tuitt DE/DT Notre Dame
    3. Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    4. Philip Gaines CB Rice
    5. Max Bullough ILB Mich St
    5. Crockett Gilmore TE Colo St

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I'd be upset if they left Dennard or Fuller to take Ebron.
    I completely agree.
    Rara's very early 2015 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1- Jalen Collins, CB; LSU
    Round 2- Eric Lefeld, OT; Cincinatti
    Round 3- Tyler Kroft, TE; Rutgers
    Round 4- Geneo Grissom, OLB; Oklahoma
    Round 5- Jonathon Mincy, CB; Auburn
    Round 6- Jamil Douglas, OG; Arizona State
    Round 7- Spencer Roth, P; Baylor

I would probably puke in my seat if the draft played out this way. Tuitt in round 2 would be the only saving grace. All the rest I would stay far away from. Moncrief has the measurable but not the hands. Just like Ebron.

It's late December in Baltimore and the game is on the line. Do you want BB throwing to the inconsistent hands of Ebron or Moncrief?? We were all upset Sanders dropped the ball in Baltimore now we want to draft two more "high ceiling" guys. Their number one job descriptions state "catch the ball thrown to you". They were not very good at said description.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska