Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The latest 5 round mock draft at Walterfootball has us taking:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This particular mock at Dennard and Fuller both available at #15 (Gilbert and Roby were the the CB's off the board before we picked).

I would have preferred Rice's Phillip Gaines in round 4 over Purifoy.
    I highly doubt Phillip Gaines makes it out of Round 3, if he were still available when we pick in Round 4 you run up to the podium.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    OL Depth not needed and probably will not be addressed. We need a CB before round 4 imo. Round 2
    Exactly my thoughts: We need a CB taken earlier than this one. I don't know that Tuit will be there at 2:15 either. We can live without a first round TE with what we have. I hear Ebron can't block little old ladies.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I'd be upset if they left Dennard or Fuller to take Ebron.

I'd be thrilled to take a player at #15 who actually sees the field and can make an impact as a rookie!!!!! Ebron would be a great choice.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-23-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    There is depth at the OG positions...Whimper and Wallace...

There are three OTs with experience on the roster...

Now, would a late round player help? If you found another Beachum, then sure...
    Bodies don't always mean depth. Whimper was rated one of the worst OL in the league not long ago. He is also a FA after the season... not that anybody would sign him. Also Wallace is another journeyman who has proven nothing and is on his 4th team. Pouncey and Gilbert are both FAs at the end of the season. And again Gilbert and Adams both have to play RT cause they both suck. Then add to that, Pouncey has been hurt every year.

Not sure why everyone is ok with having bad players and soon to be FAs all over the OL but are beside themselves because Ike "may" retire next year so the team "needs" Cbs. There isn't a real LT on the team, nobody knows if Pouncey can come back after yet another injury, and nobody knows if they will re-sign Gilbert, Pouncey or Whimper next year.

And again, the Steelers had dinner with Lewan, were at Robinson's and Matthew's pro-day. So obviously they don't agree that the OL is set.

Hall of Famer
    The first three round are great. I don't see how Tuitt will last into the middle of the second round. At 6'6, 310 pounds or more, he has elite pass rushing skills (12 sacks in 2013, 7.5 sacks in 2014) and the strength and length to be a great 3-4 or 4-3 guy. Still, fingers crossed on that ( as I mocked him there forever ago)
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    I dont see any way that the Steelers would draft Purifoy with his baggage.
    exactly, Purifoy just got arrested on drug charges.

I'm sure he's not on the Steelers' board anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'd be thrilled to take a player at #15 who actually sees the field and can make an impact as a rookie!!!!! Ebron would be a great choice.
    Steelers Bad Board: The players you don't want the Steelers to select in the 2014 NFL Draft

By Simon Chester @SteelersWarRoom on Apr 23 2014

Most fans have a favorite draft prospect or two they would like to see the Steelers take in the upcoming draft but many of us have another name or two that we would dread seeing our beloved team select in any round.

This is not about who is best suited to be a Steeler but rather those you never want to see donning the Black and Gold. The sort of player you hope the Cleveland Browns would reach for at pick number four or the Baltimore Ravens should waste their selection on in some round.

Maybe it is a player you have seen mocked to the Steelers in a certain round that you believe will be a disaster in Pittsburgh. Perhaps you follow his college team and think he is overrated.

Whatever the reason if there is a prospect you absolutely, categorically, positively, do not want to see in Pittsburgh then we want to hear about it.

To get you started here are my two names that I hope don't get the call from the Steelers on draft day.

Eric Ebron, TE North Carolina - Some say he could be the tall receiver the Steelers need, I see someone that drops too many passes. Some say he could be the replacement for Heath in the future, I see a man who doesnt seem to understand what a block is. Some say could be the Steelers choice at 1.15, I see a bust in waiting.

Louchiez Purifoy, CB Florida - I could extend this to all DBs from Florida in my mind but Purifoy is clearly the most troubling of the lot. A poor season, a bad combine, a worse pro day and then an arrest for marijuana and bath salts in the last month. There are few players I would have the Steelers stay away from more. This kid has imminent suspension and team distraction written all over him.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...raft-prospects

Pro Bowler
    F Ebron and all his dropped passes and inability to block. F that dude.

Pro Bowler
    Jimmy Graham was notorious for dropped passes at Miami.

Then again, he was a 3rd round pick

Pro Bowler
    I gotta say I really have no idea which way they will go. Unless someone falls, it seems that any CB or WR that would be available at #15 wont be worthy of being picked that high by most of the stuff that I have read. Trade down?