View Poll Results: Which unlikely draft scenario might actually come to fruition?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuller over Gilbert and Dennard at CB

8 50.00%
  • Shazier over Mosley and Barr at LB

2 12.50%
  • Carr over Manziel, Bortles, and Bridgewater at QB

6 37.50%

Thread: Which one of these unlikely draft scenarios do you think has a chance of coming true?

Legend

User Info Menu

Which one of these unlikely draft scenarios do you think has a chance of coming true?

Kyle Fuller gets drafted before Justin Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard

Ryan Shazier gets drafted before C.J. Mosley and Anthony Barr

Derek Carr gets drafted before Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles, and Teddy Bridgewater
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I took Fuller over Gilbert and Dennard and thats not the 1st time I suggested that.........hmmmmm
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I voted for the Fuller scenario. Some teams may have concerns over Gilbert's run support and some may have concerns over Dennard's zone or off man skills. While these issues may not be huge, they may like Fuller's all around game better.

I think Manziel will be one of the drafts biggest fallers. But I still see Bortles getting drafted before Carr.

I can see a team reaching for Barr's potential before they would Shazier. I think Mosely is better than both, but that's my opinion.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah some say Fuller is the most NFL ready of all the DBs.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that the QB class is a "beauty in the eye of the beholder" thing. I think that it would require none of the top 3 or 4 teams go QB, and then one team to fall in love with his skills and shock everyone. Could be the Raiders at 5, or the Vikes at 8.

Seond choice is Fuller ahead of Gilbert and Dennard. There seems to be no consensus between which of those two is number one, so what's to say Fuller can't then slide in ahead.

As far as Shazier goes, I can't see him going in the top half if the first, especially if both Mosley and Barr are still on the board.

Legend

User Info Menu

by Dale Lolley
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Just over three-weeks out Mock

With the draft about three weeks away, here's an updated look on how things could go May 8.

1. Houston, Jadaveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina. A freakish athlete who is too good to pass up.

2. St. Louis, Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn. Don’t be surprised to see the Rams also take a QB at some point high.

3. Jacksonville, Blake Bortles, QB, USC. The Jaguars have tried to make do with patchwork QBs since Mark Brunell.

4. Cleveland, Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson. The Browns get a stud receiver to pair with Josh Gordon.

5. Oakland, Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M. The Raiders love big-name players and have had issues selling out their stadium. Manziel would create some excitement around the team.

6. Atlanta, Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M. The Falcons need to protect Matt Ryan better.

7. Tampa Bay, Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M. Three A&M players in a row.

8. Minnesota, Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State. Carr has passed Teddy Bridgewater in the QB pecking order of this draft.

9. Buffalo, Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo. The Bills get a home-grown talent.

10. Detroit, Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State. The Lions would have liked Evans to fall and could trade up for him. But here they ‘settle’ for Gilbert.

11. Tennessee, Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA. The Titans need playmakers all over the place. They get one on the defensive side of the ball who will fit into defensive coordinator Ray Horton’s 3-4 scheme.

12. N.Y. Giants, Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt. The Giants need to start rebuilding their interior defensive line.

13. St. Louis, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama. The back end of the Rams’ secondary is a mess. Clinton-Dix will help that right away.

14. Chicago, Timmy Jernigan, DR, Florida State. The Bears would have preferred Donald, but grab another difference maker at defensive tackle.

15. Pittsburgh, Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech. It’s a tough call over some guys still on the board, but Fuller fits. Forget what the talking heads are saying. Fuller will end up higher in this draft than some of the other more-hyped corners. He’s a feisty zone corner who will tackle all day long.

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/[/URL]