Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Steelers stuck on best available vs. position of need

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Like everyone else in the world this article over looks the WR need, which is huge. We take a WR in the first this year. If that means trading down or hoping someone falls then that is the way it goes.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1 TJ Watt, LB, Wisconsin
    2 Budda Baker, S, Washington
    3 Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU
    3 Samaje Perine, RB, OU
    4 Shelton Gibson, WR, WVU
    5 Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villinova
    6 Josh Dobbs, QB, Tenn
    7 Isaac Rochell, DE, Notre Dame

  2. #12
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    I just hope they take the BPA and stick to their board. Start drafting for need and you get Troy Edwards... they "needed" a WR that year too. Right now the Steelers have Brown and Wheaton then they added Bey and Moore. The Steelers shouldn't reach for anyone. Stay true and get the best talent.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I just hope they take the BPA and stick to their board. Start drafting for need and you get Troy Edwards... they "needed" a WR that year too. Right now the Steelers have Brown and Wheaton then they added Bey and Moore. The Steelers shouldn't reach for anyone. Stay true and get the best talent.
    did we reach with Sweed in the second?

    sometimes you pick the wrong guy.

  4. #14
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    did we reach with Sweed in the second?

    sometimes you pick the wrong guy.
    You answered your own question. Yes, sometimes they pick the wrong guy. That doesn't mean you throw out your board and start picking people who aren't as talented as others.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You answered your own question. Yes, sometimes they pick the wrong guy. That doesn't mean you throw out your board and start picking people who aren't as talented as others.
    what I'm saying is maybe the FO thought Edwards was their guy or a good pick.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    what I'm saying is maybe the FO thought Edwards was their guy or a good pick.
    IIRC, Kevin Gilbride insisted on Troy Edwards...

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Like everyone else in the world this article over looks the WR need, which is huge. We take a WR in the first this year. If that means trading down or hoping someone falls then that is the way it goes.
    I'm not sure the need is "huge". It really depends on Wheaton. If he ends up being a solid #2, we have little need for a WR.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    It absolutely does....and, if Wheaten steps up as a solid #2 this year... I also see some of those others being solid for us for #3 on back (namely Lance Moore), and another dark horse or two rising to the occasion (J.Brown, Moye, Heyward Bey) to round out the corp..

    I guess I don't see WR as being nearly as big of need as several positions on defense.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    All the WR talent in the world didn't help Denver in the SB. Draft defense early and often.... ok with any defensive pick the Steelers make at 15.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I think Lance Moore is above Wheaton on the depth chart before camp starts. I think we are set at #2 and won't be first round pick.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •