Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nick Williams: 'I am very anxious'

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    He also had Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel and Ziggy Hood in front of him. There are no entrenched starters at the other DE postion this year. If they can get a guy like Tuitt in the 2nd who played 3-4 DE in college he might not have to learn a new position like Cam did. Just a new system
    The Buckeye defense that Heyward played in called for him to play a lot of 3-4 end...

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    I think you doubting on Williams may be missing the boat. Remember, the Steelers could have easily just cut him, and let him go. But no. They chose to keep him, protect him. and rehab him. Why ?...cause there is something there. Most 7th rounders are selected by their teams vecause they wanna secure his rights for at least 4 years. Most 7th rounders could easily go undrafted, but undrafted players a team cannot guarantee they will sign with them. That is why the 7th rounders are used on them.

From a Physical stand point, Nicholas Williams may be MORE of a " Freak " then Clowney is this year. I mean Williams was 6ft, 4 1/2, 309 Lbs...and ran a 4.84 forty, and a 1.66 10 Yd split. And that was at almost 50 Lbs heavier then Clowney. Williams and his Damn near 310 Lbs had a vertical of 35 inches. I mean people, there are some Physical tools there to be excited about. I mean at 309 Lbs, he runs a 4.84 ??? Imagine if during his first year here, he was redirecting his body weight, and say drop to 295 Lbs, while working on his " Fast Twitch " flexer Muscles with our Professional Trainers ?? I mean Williams could easily be running in the 4.60 range now at 295 Lbs.

I don't know about you guys, but that is pretty scarey to me.
    You make some good points...never really looked at his combine numbers.