Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Donald anyone...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    rumor has it the Cowgirls are trying to trade up in front of the NY Giants at #12 in order to get Aaron Donald...
    Donald and Melton on the inside there is a totally revamped interior dline...especially at the discount they got melton at

Legend

User Info Menu

rumor has it the Cowgirls are trying to trade up in front of the NY Giants at #12 in order to get Aaron Donald...
    Then Ra'Shede Hageman falls into the Steeler's laps.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    I think Hageman is far and away the best fit for the steelers defense physically at DE, and he shows times of being very disruptive. he also has quite a bit of nothing and little impact, which gives me scary memories of when i wanted them to draft kentwan Balmer the year mendenhall fell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oviedo: Polamalu doesn't fit a template either, but the "guy who runs the defense" has found ways to use him. I would never presume that LeBeau only thinks inside the box. The zone blitz itself was an example of thinking outside the box.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I forget who it was but someone on here said we should adjust the scheme if we get Ebron...

They never responded when I asked why they had the exact opposite response when asked about tweaking the D to fit the players we had/have....lol.
    I think you might be referring to me....but, if you asked me why I had the exact opposite response, I must have missed that...

My answer would be the same though: I never gave the exact opposite response when asked about tweaking the D.

I'm all for adjusting the defense to take advantage of the players we have...in fact, LeBeau did so last season...

He allowed the DEs to get upfield more...he stopped Ike from following the opponent's best WR and had each CB play one side of the field...he put Troy at what was basically an ILB position...

All of those are adjustments...not all of them worked well, but he simply didn't stick to what was not working...

Now, a changeover to a 4-3 is not an adjustment...that is a wholesale change, which I would not advocate during the middle of a season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    I'm ok with Hageman if the Steelers trade down.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hes taller, longer, faster, more agile, and more explosive than Jarvis. Hes a guy you turn into a sack artist, Jarvis can be a guy you ask to do it all as an OLB but is never going to dazzle you with 15 sacks a season. Barr adds length and explosiveness to the defense, someone who can bend the corner while jarvis sets the edge. hes more like Aldon Smith, Barkevious Mingo than he is Bruce Davis. Davis and Barr are nothing alike besides being light skinned black guys that played for UCLA

He may just be a situational pass rusher as a rookie and take time, funny thing is every rookie we draft is going to take time and you can draft with the future in mind, especially if Worilds is what i think he is....a painfully average player the steelers are overpaying to rent for a season
    The concern that I have with Barr is that you don't see much of a bull rush. His pass rush seems to be predominantly based on beating the tackle outside.

I think I'd be ok with him at 15, cautiously so, as I was with Jones last year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Aaron Donald is going to be an All-Pro one day.

playing DT in a 4-3 defensive scheme...
    I like him, but in no way does he fit a 3-4 DE. He is purely a DT in a 4-3. Enough with having to retrain every high draft pick on a new position. That is FAIL. I am so tired of it. Learn to adapt, Leboo. End the madness of players needing 3 years to learn their position already.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The concern that I have with Barr is that you don't see much of a bull rush. His pass rush seems to be predominantly based on beating the tackle outside.
    Sounds just like J Jones last year
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sounds just like J Jones last year
    Yeah, it does. I like Jones, and I think that he'll end up being a very good OLB, but I think that you need at least one OLB who has an effective bull rush.