Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Donald anyone...

Backup

User Info Menu

Aaron Donald anyone...

I just wanted to hear the Boards opinion on this guy. He is a Pitt guy who is rising on the draft board. Can he play in a 3-4 scheme as a DE?

He is powerful and disruptive but doesn't seem to shed blockers. I am sure we have all the inside info on him, so do you think we draft him at 15 and have a starting DL as Heyward McClendon Donald

Legend

User Info Menu

Aaron Donald is going to be an All-Pro one day.

playing DT in a 4-3 defensive scheme...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No thanks.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He can play anything I think. He's just so strong and fast it's really ridiculous. Doesn't fit the mold of anything per say, but could probably play 4-5 positions throughout the course of a game

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He can play anything I think. He's just so strong and fast it's really ridiculous. Doesn't fit the mold of anything per say, but could probably play 4-5 positions throughout the course of a game

I agree and would love to see the Steelers think outside the box and take him. But given who runs the defense will never happen...doesn't fit the template.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree and would love to see the Steelers think outside the box and take him. But given who runs the defense will never happen...doesn't fit the template.
    He's good enough that the Steelers ought to be able to tweak the defense to exploit his talents. I hope they don't write him off just because he doesn't fit the mold of what they've had up front.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Donald is a dwarf and also not a 3-4 guy so I say pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Could be the best player on the board at #15. Good players get on the field regardless of size. Harrison was too short to play 3-4 OLB. Troy is 5'10". Deshea Townsend was 5'9". Hampton was too fat, Kirkland too big, Timmons not big enough. If Donald can play, he can play.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He can play inside and explod through guards, he can play outside and stack up tackles (hes so strong he will out leverage tackles), he could bull rush from OLB spots and he could stand up like a kirkland or adalius thomas and move around. The guy is really an interesting player and the steelers love versatility.

Things would be different if he was just an undersized UT prospect, but he was so much faster than expected and freakishly strong (he is a lot like harrison in that regard, Evander Hood maxed out his frame while at Mizzou and could always lift weight but harrison was just naturally super strong for his size)

Not saying he is going to be the pick, i actually think he'll be gone but hes never been called lazy like Tuitt and Hageman and theres worse players to get because this isnt madden...player profiles are a jumping off point but hardly the final determining factor in whether or not they are going to be good.

Legend

User Info Menu

He is a beast... and he is familiar with our weather and our horrible field. I would be very happy if we picked him.

Tuitt is being called lazy?