Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Donald anyone...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    He's good enough that the Steelers ought to be able to tweak the defense to exploit his talents. I hope they don't write him off just because he doesn't fit the mold of what they've had up front.
    I forget who it was but someone on here said we should adjust the scheme if we get Ebron...

They never responded when I asked why they had the exact opposite response when asked about tweaking the D to fit the players we had/have....lol.

If Evans and the 2 CBs are gone Donald is the guy I think we should go with. He is a disrupter and LeBeau loves those types of players. I remember when Kiesel was younger and LeBeau had him lining up anywhere in the front 7. You never knew where he was coming from or if he was dropping back. Contrary to the opinion of some on this board LeBeau is very inventive when he gets the players.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Pro Bowler
    I think donald goes to the Cowboys or Bears personally.

I really like the idea of Barr at 15, more so than Dennard but if both CBs are gone id imagine barr can slip a bit

Hall of Famer
    We play nickel more than half of the time. I also honestly believe we could find a place in the base defense, even if it is as a run stuffing ILB.

His size makes him less likely for the Steelers as he doesn't really fit the 3-4. But, he would help us beat the types of teams we have trouble with. He would be that pass rushing interior force against the multi-receiver sets of teams like the Broncos, Saints, Packers, and Pats. His athleticism would also be great for a zone blitz.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    We play nickel more than half of the time. I also honestly believe we could find a place in the base defense, even if it is as a run stuffing ILB.

His size makes him less likely for the Steelers as he doesn't really fit the 3-4. But, he would help us beat the types of teams we have trouble with. He would be that pass rushing interior force against the multi-receiver sets of teams like the Broncos, Saints, Packers, and Pats. His athleticism would also be great for a zone blitz.
    I believe he is 6'1 285. Isn't a DE in a 3-4 about 6'3 and 275? He can lose 10 pds and 2-3 inches isn't something to get to worried about??

I just think if the two corners are gone along with Evans, he could be a possibility.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I believe he is 6'1 285. Isn't a DE in a 3-4 about 6'3 and 275? He can lose 10 pds and 2-3 inches isn't something to get to worried about??
    Ideally in this scheme the DEs have more length that Donald....like 6-4 to 6-6 and 280-300 pounds. He could still be effective, much in the same way it doesnt make much sense for James Harrison to be 34 OLB, but he excelled at it

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

I really like the idea of Barr at 15, more so than Dennard but if both CBs are gone id imagine barr can slip a bit
    Whenever I want to like Barr I get Bruce Davis nightmares. Barr seems like a Jarvis Jones clone. He will be too weak or can't learn the defense to contribute in year 1 and we have to hope and wait again.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Whenever I want to like Barr I get Bruce Davis nightmares. Barr seems like a Jarvis Jones clone. He will be too weak or can't learn the defense to contribute in year 1 and we have to hope and wait again.
    Hes taller, longer, faster, more agile, and more explosive than Jarvis. Hes a guy you turn into a sack artist, Jarvis can be a guy you ask to do it all as an OLB but is never going to dazzle you with 15 sacks a season. Barr adds length and explosiveness to the defense, someone who can bend the corner while jarvis sets the edge. hes more like Aldon Smith, Barkevious Mingo than he is Bruce Davis. Davis and Barr are nothing alike besides being light skinned black guys that played for UCLA

He may just be a situational pass rusher as a rookie and take time, funny thing is every rookie we draft is going to take time and you can draft with the future in mind, especially if Worilds is what i think he is....a painfully average player the steelers are overpaying to rent for a season

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    rumor has it the Cowgirls are trying to trade up in front of the NY Giants at #12 in order to get Aaron Donald...